The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

21 minutes ago, shc said:

Hopefully she doesn’t. My youngest son came home from school saying he has a headache, and his nose hurts. Has been asleep ever since. Where did she get tested?  I’ve tried calling places and they act like if he doesn’t have a fever, he doesn’t have it. 

She got tested at a medical research facility here in Columbus.  How old is your youngest?  Headache is a symptom, that was one of my wife's symptoms along with SOB.  She still hasn't had fever, but she's obviously tested positive and otherwise has flu-like symptoms. 

I ask about age because they don't really like testing young kids.  They gave my 4 year old a rapid test, but said even if she developed symptoms they wouldn't test again because they knew she had it at that point.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

She got tested at a medical research facility here in Columbus.  How old is your youngest?  Headache is a symptom, that was one of my wife's symptoms along with SOB.  She still hasn't had fever, but she's obviously tested positive and otherwise has flu-like symptoms. 

I ask about age because they don't really like testing young kids.  They gave my 4 year old a rapid test, but said even if she developed symptoms they wouldn't test again because they knew she had it at that point.

Testing small children is a major pain in the ***. I've fought in submission grappling tournaments that were easier than trying to subdue a 7 year old that doesn't want a covid swab jammed up their nose. 

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

All evidence to the contrary . . . 

My understanding is that there are essentially three groups of folks who are "vaccine hesitant".  Young  people, because they are idiots and  think they are invincible and have better things to do with their time.  African Americans, because Tuskeegee (good reason to be suspicious, right?) and MAGA's.

Apparently, the needle is moving on AFrican Americans,.  There has been a fairly successful PR blitz from TV ads to conference calls by Blacks for Blacks and more are getting the vax.

Don't know about young folks.

With MAGA's, the needle is not moving.  At least it wasn't.  Might have something to do with folks like Tucker Carlson mocking the vaccine and sewing apprehension about it non stop for six months.

So Ben, the folks are the left who were anti vax have a history that does not make them "morons" for have concerns.

And folks on the left have consistently and vociferously admonished EVERYONE to get the **** faccine.

The MORONS on the right are being lead by MORONS on the right not to get vaccinated.

Edit:  Yeah . . . Ben, Go **** yourself:

49 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

He just turned 6 in June. 

5 minutes ago, shc said:

He just turned 6 in June. 

Awesome age. Does he take after you or his mother. My oldest is my clone. We butt heads from time to time, but she’s pretty up tight for the most part. A real stickler for the rulezz. My baby is a spitting image of her mother and she’s a mad man. 

12 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

The Swigs, according to a report in Mother Jones, even own mugs with a photograph of Pelosi on them,

FWIW, I have a mug with a picture of Hillary Clinton on it.  And I know for a fact that @Leon Troutsky has one as well.

I love The Intercept.

glad you focused on that one thing instead of the other stuff in the article. ****, just even the other stuff in that same paragraph:

The couple have for many years given the maximum amount permitted in campaign contributions to Pelosi, who represents California’s 12th District which encompasses San Francisco, and Steven Swig has served as treasurer for Pelosi’s reelection campaigns since 2012. The Swigs also enjoy extended family ties to the Pelosis. Their niece worked for Pelosi from 2018 until March of this year, serving as a staff assistant, legislative correspondent, and policy associate.

Probably shouldn't worry at all about Pelosi publicly mimicking talking points from a memo provided by uber wealthy donors. 

23 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

glad you focused on that one thing instead of the other stuff in the article. ****, just even the other stuff in that same paragraph:

Probably shouldn't worry at all about Pelosi publicly mimicking talking points from a memo provided by uber wealthy donors. 

Probably shouldn't post articles from sources that muckrake about freakin' mugs!

Just now, Southern California Liar said:

She's claiming it's her kids.

Well **** lady.....send more than one with them. Also what the **** are your kids doing?

She did a poor job of teaching healthy oral hygiene then if that's her kids. Tha **** were they doing, splashing spaghetti sauce at lunch?

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Her husband is the Executive Editor of the Washington Examiner and she’s the editor of some random Conservative publication I’ve never heard of. So this is wholly unsurprising coming from someone of her beliefs. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread