The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Still no fever, but wife now feels like she has flu-like symptoms.  She's probably going to get worse before she starts to feel better.

Awww man, is she feeling lethargic?  I assume she is still working 

Part of a broader article that’s worth a read, but this one jumped out at me…

Key Senate Democrats are also pushing hard to ensure the package extends health insurance to 2.2 million low-income Americans in states that have refused Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion, worried it could be left out because the population doesn’t have the same political clout as seniors or middle-class Obamacare enrollees.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/05/dems-health-care-infrastructure-medicaid-502479

^^^I’m all for helping people, but if they are missing out on those funds because they elected state representatives that screwed them over, why spend so much time and energy (and money) protecting them from the consequences of their own political choices?  Why not use those funds and all that time/energy helping other people instead?

29 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Part of a broader article that’s worth a read, but this one jumped out at me…

Key Senate Democrats are also pushing hard to ensure the package extends health insurance to 2.2 million low-income Americans in states that have refused Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion, worried it could be left out because the population doesn’t have the same political clout as seniors or middle-class Obamacare enrollees.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/05/dems-health-care-infrastructure-medicaid-502479

^^^I’m all for helping people, but if they are missing out on those funds because they elected state representatives that screwed them over, why spend so much time and energy (and money) protecting them from the consequences of their own political choices?  Why not use those funds and all that time/energy helping other people instead?

When Ossoff and Warnock get demolished in future elections. I am gonna quote this post. I honestly cannot even imagine being this shortsighted. Good ole F you to GA voters who gave Biden the presidency AND his Majority. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Still no fever, but wife now feels like she has flu-like symptoms.  She's probably going to get worse before she starts to feel better.

Cube mate said she’s feeling sore throat coming on. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Hopefully she doesn’t. My youngest son came home from school saying he has a headache, and his nose hurts. Has been asleep ever since. Where did she get tested?  I’ve tried calling places and they act like if he doesn’t have a fever, he doesn’t have it. 

Edited by shc

3 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Sending one up for you and everyone else in your household (you, the Mrs., the little one, Waylon and Otis).  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread