The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

7 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

Tyson scared professional boxers.  That's kind of insane.  These guys get hit in the face for a living and they were walking into the ring like a kid walking into his dad's room for a spanking.  You could literally see the fear in their eyes.

I have no words…

Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson said he regrets signing a bill into law that bans state and local government authorities from implementing mask mandates amid a surge in COVID-19 cases in the state.

He said during a media briefing on Tuesday that he signed the bill because cases were at a "very low point."

"I knew that it would be overridden by the legislature if I didn't sign it," he said. "I had already eliminated our statewide mask mandate."

Hutchinson, a Republican, said now that cases are increasing in Arkansas, he wishes the ban "had not become law." He said that there are only two ways to change the law—either the state legislature could amend it, or it could be ruled unconstitutional in the courts. He said he would prefer for the legislature to change the law to limit confusion.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Thank you 8 lb., 6 Oz. Baby Jesus for my jury trial that was supposed to start one week from today in a metro Atlanta county getting rescheduled after I told the court opposing counsel and I both had close contacts this week. 

More importantly, how is the wife?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Doesn’t feel great, but she’s doing Zoom meetings and calls for work. Trying to keep her hydrated. 

MIL came and got the toddler this morning to keep her the next couple of days, that was huge. 

Just feels wrong… but that would be calling the kettle black… I’d be doing the same thing.  Instead of resting, working.  Hope this quickly passes and y’all can get back to normal

7 minutes ago, lostone said:

Just feels wrong… but that would be calling the kettle black… I’d be doing the same thing.  Instead of resting, working.  Hope this quickly passes and y’all can get back to normal

She’s taking breaks to lay down too, but, yeah. One of my paralegals (unvaccinated!) tested positive last week, she’s working remotely this week. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

She’s taking breaks to lay down too, but, yeah. One of my paralegals (unvaccinated!) tested positive last week, she’s working remotely this week. 

:( 
Goodness, the paralegal is playing with fire there.  I assume this won’t help them get the vaccine…

17 minutes ago, lostone said:

:( 
Goodness, the paralegal is playing with fire there.  I assume this won’t help them get the vaccine…

Just had a young client come to the office for a meeting (which is unusual still.).  One (infuriating) member of our staff won't get the vax, so I asked the client if she was vaccinated before she came in.  She wasn't, so we took the elevator downstairs to talk outside.  She said she had changed her mind a while back but had not had time to get vaccinated.  I asked her if she had time now?  She said she did.  So I drover her over to CVS and she got vaccinated.  

I missed three phone conferences, but I feel **** good.

9 minutes ago, lostone said:

Boy… those people s**tin on Simone probably should go take a long walk on a short pier

I feel confident saying that 99.9% of the population has no business saying a ******* thing about that girl.  The **** she's been through, the hours she's put in, the achievements she's made...who in their right mind thinks they are in a position to judge this person in any negative way?  I'll be the first to admit that I am not.  I honestly don't know anyone who is.  I'm just here to appreciate her greatness.

54 minutes ago, lostone said:

Boy… those people s**tin on Simone probably should go take a long walk on a short pier

Or sit in a room of COVID positive folks. 

But then again, those loudest voices probably got the Vaccine, unlike what they are telling others to do. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread