The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

10 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

You know it's something that I've never been able to understand... Even growing up in Small Town North Carolina yeah right in the middle of the Bible belt.... I never understood how normally rational people could be led astray by people who are clearly conning them.

As always blowing my mind how easily people feel to stray.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

You know it's something that I've never been able to understand... Even growing up in Small Town North Carolina yeah right in the middle of the Bible belt.... I never understood how normally rational people could be led astray by people who are clearly conning them.

As always blowing my mind how easily people feel to stray.

More remarkable when you consider that Donald Trump has two fraud judgments against him.  Michael Flynn is a convicted liar.  Felony.

Do you know anyone who is dishonest?  How many times have those people been adjudicated to be dishonest by a court of law?

Do you realize how dishonest you must be to actually be adjudicated as such by Court of Law?  

16 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Housing market is STUPID right now, and I think I'm diving in. I bought my house about 6 years ago for $250k. Just got an offer from Zillow for $560k.

Ya boi might be moving...

We are going to do a cash out to do some work around the house...repairing and resurfacing the pool and pool deck... extending the pool deck/patio.

We also are going to replace the hot water heater and go with a tankless and we may spruce up other areas of the back yard if we have enough left over.

We can pull out 20-25k and still lower the interest rate and actually lower the monthly payment by 100ish bucks.

11 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I really do not get why the CDC didn't extend the eviction moratorium.  Have they improved their release of the rental assistance. Last I checked, they were struggling with it and only releasing pennies on the dollar available to people. They will eventually have to end it, but maybe not during a huge wave. 

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We are going to do a cash out to do some work around the house...repairing and resurfacing the pool and pool deck... extending the pool deck/patio.

We also are going to replace the hot water heater and go with a tankless and we may spruce up other areas of the back yard if we have enough left over.

We can pull out 20-25k and still lower the interest rate and actually lower the monthly payment by 100ish bucks.

Its nuts. With the Zillow offer, I can pick the closing date on the current house, buy something new, and they'll pay for closing costs on my side, move me, and provide the cash offer to the sellers of the new place instead of presenting it like a typical Prequal.

There's still houses up here that are reasonable. I found one right down  the street from the kids' best friends, $580k, with a pool, hot tub, 3 car garage, putting green, 4 bed, 4 bath, 2800sqft. Been listed for a hot minute, but I'd imagine its hanging out because it's over the conventional loan limits. Considering I could walk away from our place now with $340k, I could essentially upgrade with no increase in the monthly note...

7 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Its nuts. With the Zillow offer, I can pick the closing date on the current house, buy something new, and they'll pay for closing costs on my side, move me, and provide the cash offer to the sellers of the new place instead of presenting it like a typical Prequal.

There's still houses up here that are reasonable. I found one right down  the street from the kids' best friends, $580k, with a pool, hot tub, 3 car garage, putting green, 4 bed, 4 bath, 2800sqft. Been listed for a hot minute, but I'd imagine its hanging out because it's over the conventional loan limits. Considering I could walk away from our place now with $340k, I could essentially upgrade with no increase in the monthly note...

If you can upgrade and essentially keep the same payment...or atleast the same ball park..... why not?

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread