The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

:lol:

Just weeks after its launch, the pro-Trump social network GETTR is inundated with terrorist propaganda spread by supporters of Islamic State, according to a POLITICO review of online activity on the fledgling platform.

The rapid proliferation of such material is placing GETTR in the awkward position of providing a safe haven for jihadi extremists online as it attempts to establish itself as a free speech MAGA-alternative to sites like Facebook and Twitter.

So far, Islamic State supporters are enjoying their incursion into GETTR and the possible new audience they could reach. “We will come at you with slaying and explosions you worshippers of the cross,” wrote an account whose name referenced the extremist group, adding: “How great is freedom of expression.”

6 hours ago, Negative-Nancy said:

In the Phoenix area?  What are the ages/comorbidities of hospitalized breakthrough cases?

We didn't have a deep dive into numbers man. The topic came up due to my wife starting school today, Doucey's no mask mandate law, and the process that the schools will be following in case of a positive test (hint... they aren't allowed to tell the parents to keep the kid at home).

My wife is vaccinated. We've seen a huge increase in Covid numbers with the delta variant. They're seeing an increase in vaccinated hospitalizations. They're seeing an increase in infections in young people. And there's been an increase in vaccinated, symptomatic people.

So, while we certainly agree regarding the vaccine and effectiveness, and statistically, you have a much lower chance of contracting and being hospitalized due to covid with the vaccine, that is a non-zero number. Also, people who are vaccinated, can spread. That's tough to swallow when I have an 8 and 11 year old at home that can't get the vaccine...

53 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

:lol:

Just weeks after its launch, the pro-Trump social network GETTR is inundated with terrorist propaganda spread by supporters of Islamic State, according to a POLITICO review of online activity on the fledgling platform.

The rapid proliferation of such material is placing GETTR in the awkward position of providing a safe haven for jihadi extremists online as it attempts to establish itself as a free speech MAGA-alternative to sites like Facebook and Twitter.

So far, Islamic State supporters are enjoying their incursion into GETTR and the possible new audience they could reach. “We will come at you with slaying and explosions you worshippers of the cross,” wrote an account whose name referenced the extremist group, adding: “How great is freedom of expression.”

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

A different one of them says this every single say 

I have said it before and will say it again, anytime any of these @sses come up with this crap, the first and ONLY question that should be asked is “Are you vaccinated, yes or no?”.

And don’t move on until there is an appropriate answer!

49 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Now the Congress will have Trump's tax returns what do you think they will do with them? :munch:

44 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Disappoint you?

Too ignorant/lazy to do a meme generator but Lucy=Trump, Charlie Brown = The Resistance, The Ball = Latest Trump scandal guaranteed to permanently derail everything MAGA

charlie-brown-lucy-football-gag-youtube-screenshot.jpg

http://movieboozer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/lucy-football.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I hate email so much.  No clue if this is true of other professions, but folks expect near instantaneous responses to emails.

I prefer email, it lets me queue my day.

I hate every other method of contact. Slack, phone, Teams, etc can eat a bag...

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread