The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

6 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's all a game to these scumbags. 

The MSM has engaged in fear mongering in not proving accurate context about exactly how small the percentage of fully vaxxed folks getting sick compared to the rest of fully vaxxed folks, but Delta is so dangerous that the CDC changed its mask recommendation, hospitalizations (but too early to tell for deaths) have surged. And here’s Glem blaming it on ratings because meanie heads voted Trump out 

I know there's at least one of you who uses Sea Moss. Is it legit?

I saw an ad yesterday and it advertised that it keeps your respiratory system clear. As someone with year round bronchial issues, it sounds like that would work wonders for me. Any opinions on it?

42 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Nice to know he wants to keep his relationship good with the company. 

I'm sure that there was some language put in somewhere regarding the possibility of the streaming service.

You don't get to be the biggest movie star in the entire planet by not having your bases covered

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I'm sure that there was some language put in somewhere regarding the possibility of the streaming service.

You don't get to be the biggest movie star in the entire planet by not having your bases covered

Depending on when the contract was drafted and signed. Gotta keep in mind no one predicted the pandemic. It could also be something that was revisited when there was a realization that this could happen

19 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Depending on when the contract was drafted and signed. Gotta keep in mind no one predicted the pandemic. It could also be something that was revisited when there was a realization that this could happen

And that seems to be the crux of Scarjo's lawsuit.... Disney did not want to renegotiate for the Disney plus royalties.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

And that seems to be the crux of Scarjo's lawsuit.... Disney did not want to renegotiate for the Disney plus royalties.

But in their statement, didn't they say she has the opportunity to make more or am I reading it wrong. 

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

But in their statement, didn't they say she has the opportunity to make more or am I reading it wrong. 

They didn't say that the Disney+ release has increase her earnings, but that it "enhanced her ability to earn additional". This doesn't imply a direct correlation. If she was making a cut, then they would say it directly.  

You gotta remember that lawyers probably put out this statement. 

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

They didn't say that the Disney+ release has increase her earnings, but that it "enhanced her ability to earn additional". This doesn't imply a direct correlation. If she was making a cut, then they would say it directly.  

You gotta remember that lawyers probably put out this statement. 

I said has the opportunity to make more, not they have. 

Overall there's some miscommunication somewhere between her people and their people. 

36 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I said has the opportunity to make more, not they have. 

Overall there's some miscommunication somewhere between her people and their people. 

The Character is dead and even the movie made that clear.  They are probably highlighting that someone could have paid for the Disney+ version, then went to the movies afterwards or recommended the movie to someone who said it in theaters afterwards.  Either way, it is BS by Disney, which is why they brought up COVID and how much she made. They are trying to vilify her to the public as a greedy out of touch actor. 

29 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The Character is dead and even the movie made that clear.  They are probably highlighting that someone could have paid for the Disney+ version, then went to the movies afterwards or recommended the movie to someone who said it in theaters afterwards.  Either way, it is BS by Disney, which is why they brought up COVID and how much she made. They are trying to vilify her to the public as a greedy out of touch actor. 

Oh well. It's out of my league and I won't sit here and pretend I have a real interest in her situation. Happy for Mr. Johnson though

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread