The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

13 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

When my oldest was 2-3 and in her own room, sometimes she would come in our room in the middle of the night and climb in bed. 

One night she was literally standing in front of me looking me dead in my face. I woke up and saw her and came within inches away from her face. She scared the **** out of me

Now a days they jump out at me after work. 1 out of 10 times they get me good. I just trip one up when they least expect it for revenge

I "tapped" my son when he was 3-4 the exact same way. Dude came into the room and was just staring like a little demon. Hit him in the chest...

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I "tapped" my son when he was 3-4 the exact same way. Dude came into the room and was just staring like a little demon. Hit him in the chest...

Yep that's exactly what she did lol. Standing there like the little girl from The Ring 😂

And he insisted that whatever “negativity” his critics associate with his show is “not real” — a claim he then immediately contradicted.

“What is so bad that I’ve ever said?” he asked. “I’m against race-mixing? I don’t want my wife to have dated a Black guy? A completely normal thing by the way. That’s one of the worst things: ‘He’s against interracial marriage.’ Yeah, literally everybody was like 30 years ago, 20 years ago. I would imagine most people are today, they just wouldn’t say it.”

He then asked rhetorically if it was because he believes “3 million immigrants per year is insane,” or because he talks “about how Black people are doing all the crime — which they are.” “‘Oh they don’t do all of it!’ Sorry, most of it. Sorry, most of the violent crime,” he added.

“Because why? Because I talk about the fact that Jews run the media? They do! They do! They do!” he exclaimed.

Great member of your political college football team, wfw. You should invite him to the lake house. 

2 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

If you aren't watching F1, what are you doing with your life...

WRC used to be where it was at for me. Speed channels programming shift led me to pay attention to it less and now I just don’t even bother trying to find it

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A good read on the media coverage of the delta variant and how misleading some of it has been:

https://view.newsletters.cnn.com/messages/162769701302305dc1c5705a3/raw

@Downvote Don and @Gritzblitz 2.0 discussed this point, I believe.

If anything, this pandemic has shown how poorly even educated people understand statistics. 

Remember that Susan Wright was Trump’s pick and got his endorsement…

Susan Wright’s campaign had reasons to feel good Tuesday morning, coming off a tele-rally with former President Donald Trump the night before and armed with internal polling showing she had a comfortable lead over her fellow Republican opponent. But anxiety set in as the day went on and her campaign saw higher-than-expected turnout. Then, a couple hours before polls closed, her consultant, Matt Langston, got a call.

It was from a campaign worker at a polling place, and they said the kinds of voters who were showing up had “definitely changed.” How do you know that? Langston asked.

“Because they’re all wearing masks,” the worker replied.

^^^ You can predict election outcomes based on turnout among people wearing and refusing to wear masks, apparently.

19 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Remember that Susan Wright was Trump’s pick and got his endorsement…

Susan Wright’s campaign had reasons to feel good Tuesday morning, coming off a tele-rally with former President Donald Trump the night before and armed with internal polling showing she had a comfortable lead over her fellow Republican opponent. But anxiety set in as the day went on and her campaign saw higher-than-expected turnout. Then, a couple hours before polls closed, her consultant, Matt Langston, got a call.

It was from a campaign worker at a polling place, and they said the kinds of voters who were showing up had “definitely changed.” How do you know that? Langston asked.

“Because they’re all wearing masks,” the worker replied.

^^^ You can predict election outcomes based on turnout among people wearing and refusing to wear masks, apparently.

I should not laugh.... because it speaks to just how bad of a shape we are as a country....but  man that is funny.

27 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Anotha one. Comments lit

I had to look at his Twitter page.  I wasn’t sure, but I hoped he was being brilliantly ironic on actual racial progress (now something that makes all the difference v. Then something that made no difference.) But no…

14 hours ago, NightPain said:

I guess I missed it but what did they dew to you 

They closed up two hernias.  I was still able to avoid the use of OxyContin and I am super happy about that. Ibuprofen did the trick… now unfortunately my upper right groin area is swollen and numb, but I guess that’s to be expected..

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread