The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

13 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The only explanation would be money. They need the room to re-sign Collins and Huerter perhaps? 

Cam doesn't make that much 

31 minutes ago, WOR said:

Only thing I can say is there's something behind the scenes. Either personally or developmentally. 

This is too strange of a deal for me to even criticize because it makes so little sense there's gotta be something we don't know. 

If that's the case, I'll trust Schlenk.  It's still just so **** frustrating after being out so long, he came out and was the best player on the floor for us in that game 6. I'll always wonder what could have been. I knew he was good value at 10 when he took him, but I was less than impressed with his brief career at Duke after all the hype he had coming in.  But he's so physically gifted, it's gotta be something in between the ear's if we're giving up on him now. **** sucks.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

If that's the case, I'll trust Schlenk.  It's still just so **** frustrating after being out so long, he came out and was the best player on the floor for us in that game 6. I'll always wonder what could have been. I knew he was good value at 10 when he took him, but I was less than impressed with his brief career at Duke after all the hype he had coming in.  But he's so physically gifted, it's gotta be something in between the ear's if we're giving up on him now. **** sucks.

Yeah I think it's something like that. 

I know as fans we get enamored with him, but I think fans can lose site of the extreme inconsistency of his game(especially with the injury time)

You and I as Duke fans probably got to see it more regularly, but he has a couple of good games followed up by just absolute dumbfounding garbage. Only thing I can think is that it's even worse in practice. Especially since he's *been* available for a while. 

Still makes no sense to dump him for what's being reported, but I can somewhat understand the thinking behind *a* move, just not this one. 

3 minutes ago, WOR said:

How the absolute ****? If the body cam "exonerated" him, somebody best be getting fired. 

That police report clearly stated that they found him choking out his wife, didn't it? 

Yeah, said they saw him choking her with her cast IIRC. 

8 minutes ago, WOR said:

How the absolute ****? If the body cam "exonerated" him, somebody best be getting fired. 

That police report clearly stated that they found him choking out his wife, didn't it? 

"Bodycam video from arresting officers in Marcell Ozuna’s domestic violence case casts doubt on allegations that the outfielder attempted to choke his wife, as initially reported by police, according to sources. 

Sources say the bodycam video captured everything that officers witnessed as they entered Ozuna’s house, and has been examined by prosecutors. As a result of what prosecutors saw on the video, prosecutors decided not to charge Ozuna with aggravated assault, strangulation-- which would have been a felony -- and instead charged him with two misdemeanors."

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-07-29-prosecutors-ditch-felony-charge-on-marcel-ozuna-after-seeing-bodycam-video/

I mean he was clearly still roughing her up, and he's gonna have to plead guilty to a misdemeanor cause he's rich, but yeah it sounds like they tried to exaggerate.

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

But Biden's got it covered though...he was going to save us all with OWS, but now he's intent on confusing everyone.. Well, at least running on covid got him elected, whether or not he met his vaccination goals.

Hey maybe he can bribe people to get the vax with American rescue plan money

Have fun with your death cult, ****bird

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

RIP Big 12.

There will eventually just be 4 16-team superconferences. 

Not that anybody cares but UGA basketball isn't making any more tournaments for the foreseeable future from now on. Ok and Tx have pretty good programs on at least every other year kinda basis (and gave us Trae)

Y’all… my dog is trying to walk on my surgical wounds… that sh!7 hurts.  Trying to avoid using OxyContin at all costs.  I am terrified of it.

I have never been this anxious with this tiny 4lb dog before.  I also apparently said some crazy stuff post surgery, but it was all funny at least.  I called kids asholes… which is true. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

We ****in with them or nah

I can only go off of the visual but if that's what they're calling dusted......I mean thats what the **** should look like before you cook it. That looks like you combined a funnel cake with wings. Definitely no visual appeal for me.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread