The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

3 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

So... I'm not going to give her ****. But... I hate it for the rest of the team. If she still competes in the individual stuff, I'll hate it for them even more.

The equivalent to me would be Tom Brady taking off his pads after he threw the Pick 6 to Alford.

It's the biggest game, the biggest stage. Her teammates we're counting on her, and she's stepping off. Again, I can't judge. I cant know what's going on with her body or mind.

But I hate it for the rest of the team.

I think if she had not stepped aside, the rest of the team probably doesn't even medal. She was that off today. 

Mental things like this happen to athletes. Infielders suddenly can't make routine throws to first, golfers can no longer hit a ball straight to save their lives, etc. 

Plus you have to consider the fact that such errors in gymnastics can easily lead to serious injuries. 

7 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I think if she had not stepped aside, the rest of the team probably doesn't even medal. She was that off today. 

Mental things like this happen to athletes. Infielders suddenly can't make routine throws to first, golfers can no longer hit a ball straight to save their lives, etc. 

Plus you have to consider the fact that such errors in gymnastics can easily lead to serious injuries. 

I completely agree. The "yips" are real.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, I can't judge her. She has to do what's best for her.

But... The team is better with her. The russian coach said "Biles is 70% of that team". They just are. I feel for them. 

Had my second Pfizer shot yesterdave and I feel like I’m coming down with the flu. I don’t know if the shot commingled with the COVID I have been eating for breakfast the last couple week but I feel like ****

6 hours ago, NightPain said:

Had my second Pfizer shot yesterdave and I feel like I’m coming down with the flu. I don’t know if the shot commingled with the COVID I have been eating for breakfast the last couple week but I feel like ****

You're fine, don't be paranoid. And don't eat covid for breakfast, bad jokes aside, that silliness was retracted over a year ago, and for that reason I refrained from down voting you this time.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

As you know, I'm a lake guy, not a beach guy. Who knows what @Big_Dogis really.

One thing for sure I am not a Trump fan and never have been. The Jan 6th investigation will soon include all of his conversations leading up to the attack. This will include phone conversations with key individuals some of whom will shock the country. You defended this A$$ in the past claiming I had TDS but look who is right in the end.  :slick:

8 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

One thing for sure I am not a Trump fan and never have been. The Jan 6th investigation will soon include all of his conversations leading up to the attack. This will include phone conversations with key individuals some of whom will shock the country. You defended this A$$ in the past claiming I had TDS but look who is right in the end.  :slick:

WFW that's who. Sell me on some Russian collusion, the "call" and whatever other BS your sundowning Gramps brain can think of sir.

Other than that have a great day old-timer.

8 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

I disagree! 

You were right in the beginning, middle as well as the end!!! :lol:

6 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Good Lord. There's no way we're coming out of this before another half-million people die. 

Aren’t athletic young people dying, losing lung capacity and making other family members sick from this new delta COVID $hit???

Asking for a friend….

Named TJ… :rolleyes:

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread