Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

 

Remember when rightwingers were carrying these “NRBA” cards around purporting to be a federal agency that exempted them from masks?  

As though anybody in their right mind thought the “National Right to Breath Agency” was a real thing.  But this new “HIPAA violation” thing reminds me of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HBO Max will release 10 Warner Bros. films straight-to-streaming in 2022

It doesn’t plan to return to a movie release model of the past

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/23/22590727/hbo-max-warner-bros-films-hbo-max-2022

Wouldn't surprise me if the old model was only reserved for "Blockbuster" type films and everything went with the hybrid model. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Southern California Liar said:

Get your boy @NightPain

 

 

I'll be honest and say that I was confused about HIPAA until some on this thread led me actually read the law*. How hard would it be for reporters to simply familiarize themselves with it and tell Dak/MTG they're full of **** with this answer? By not throwing it back at them, the reporters sound just as ignorant.

*Even my previous understanding wasn't so baseless as to believe that asking someone if he/she was vaccinated was anything near to being a violation of law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'll be honest and say that I was confused about HIPAA until some on this thread led me actually read the law*. How hard would it be for reporters to simply familiarize themselves with it and tell Dak/MTG they're full of **** with this answer? By not throwing it back at them, the reporters sound just as ignorant.

*Even my previous understanding wasn't so baseless as to believe that asking someone if he/she was vaccinated was anything near to being a violation of law.

I'm not gonna claim I have/had a full understanding of it but even I knew it wasn't something me or some other random person could violate. In my brain its always been kinda tied with attorney-client privilege.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I'm not gonna claim I have/had a full understanding of it but even I knew it wasn't something me or some other random person could violate. In my brain its always been kinda tied with attorney-client privilege.

I was a warehouse manager and we were told that any disclosure by us could violate HIPAA. It's not like we talked about people's personal business but employees would tell their coworkers why they had FMLA, which would infuriate the coworkers who then ratted them out every time they used it inappropriately.

I just shrugged it off because there was nothing that I could do about it anyway. But discussing someone's situation in a general sense is not a violation. Speaking in specifics is inappropriate (and a terminable offense), if not an actual violation of HIPAA, but that never happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

I was a warehouse manager and we were told that any disclosure by us could violate HIPAA. It's not like we talked about people's personal business but employees would tell their coworkers why they had FMLA, which would infuriate the coworkers who then ratted them out every time they used it in violation of the law and company rules.

I just shrugged it off because there was nothing that I could do about it anyway. But discussing someone's situation in a general sense is not a violation. Speaking in specifics is inappropriate (and a terminable offense), if not an actual violation of HIPAA, but that never happened.

My wife was injured in an auto accident and had to take a fairly significant FMLA leave, and we received a once over on who could and could not talk about her injury (it was a surgically repaired collarbone break which was pretty **** obvious) so I gained what little knowledge I have there.

 

 

 

That little bit is quite a bit more than most folks from what I can tell though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Southern California Liar said:

My wife was injured in an auto accident and had to take a fairly significant FMLA leave, and we received a once over on who could and could not talk about her injury (it was a surgically repaired collarbone break which was pretty **** obvious) so I gained what little knowledge I have there.

 

 

 

That little bit is quite a bit more than most folks from what I can tell though. 

I had employees who would get it for something like migraines and their doctors would give them the most liberal intermittent usage possible. Some of them would walk up to me on and say "FMLA" before walking out. They never worked overtime, which meant that everybody else worked more. The only time we could really mandate them was on the days before holidays.

I handled all time sheets for the building, so I was required to track all of their usage. My boss told me to write them up the first minute that they went over the 480 hour limit in a year. The smart ones would ask for a printout of their usage and a day after they made it a year beyond their earliest missed time, they would walk out or call off. It was like clockwork.

The only Falcons fan that I knew in person was one of these smart guys. Dude was a forklift operator who would walk out in the middle of putting product on the shelves. I fired him when he screwed up once too often and since then, the only people I can talk about the Birds with are on this board, on Facebook or Twitter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I've said it before but my wife is the most gangster person I know. 

 

 

Two times in my life has a person told me in the calmest voice ever "No, somethings broken.

First time, we're both hanging upside down in a souped up go-kart that flipped and when I ask if she is okay she says "No, I'm pretty sure my arm is broken because it moved the wrong way when I went to move it back" in the calmest ******* voice ever. Snapped her humerus at a diagonal level that required I cant remember how many screws and a plate.

 

 

 

Car accident, she calls me and tells me she was in a car accident, I said are you okay, she says "No, something is wrong with my shoulder and I can't lift my right arm up beyond shoulder level, I think I broke something." in the calmest ******* voice ever. She was ******* apologizing to the EMT's on the ride to the hospital because they were missing the UGA game and joking with them.......and they were convinced that she hadn't broken anything. She had snapped the **** out of her collarbone.

 

 

 

I've never broken a bone but it feels like the kind of thing you would know. I'm gonna be yelling OH MY GOD ITS BROKEN and yelling at the emt's GIVE ME THE MORPHINE!!!!!!!!! and everyone around me is gonna think yeah he broke something.

 

 

Anyways thats why my kids live in fear of catching mamas bionic side. Half of her right arm is made of metal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...