The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

11 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

By the way, I looked on Zillow and there is exactly one listing under $300,000 in this town.  It’s a 373 sq ft studio condo priced around $285,000.

We actually started looking at houses three months ago, and the conversations with real estate sellers and home builders were hysterical.

D.R. Horton, which is the self-proclaimed #1 home builder in the country, asked us to leave a deposit and would contact us when they had a home. We wouldn't get any choice over location (they're building in like eight neighborhoods here across three cities), and we would have no input on the home itself other than the plan we chose (out of six).

The woman working there was brutally honest about the fact that it sounded ridiculous but that they had enough of a wait that they could get away with it. About two weeks ago, she finally called back and said that it'd slowed down enough that they were treating people like people again.

I like in Knoxville, and there was a time in the first quarter of this year where houses didn't last 12 hours on the open market.

8 hours ago, jidady said:

We actually started looking at houses three months ago, and the conversations with real estate sellers and home builders were hysterical.

D.R. Horton, which is the self-proclaimed #1 home builder in the country, asked us to leave a deposit and would contact us when they had a home. We wouldn't get any choice over location (they're building in like eight neighborhoods here across three cities), and we would have no input on the home itself other than the plan we chose (out of six).

The woman working there was brutally honest about the fact that it sounded ridiculous but that they had enough of a wait that they could get away with it. About two weeks ago, she finally called back and said that it'd slowed down enough that they were treating people like people again.

I like in Knoxville, and there was a time in the first quarter of this year where houses didn't last 12 hours on the open market.

I hate DR Horton houses they had in Charlotte.  They had this house where it felt like you open the front door, take 3 steps and out the back.  They also had this other house that had a tiny 200sqft upstairs area.  MI homes had some decent models though

I hope this guy gets tossed on his *** next year…

MADISON, Wis. -- Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, a vocal critic of COVID-19 vaccine mandates, announced plans Friday to hold a news conference bringing together people who claim to have had adverse reactions to the vaccine.

His plans drew renewed criticism from doctors who have been accusing Johnson for months of advancing conspiracy theories and putting people's health at risk.

Johnson, who has also advocated for alternative and unproven treatments for COVID-19, said the Monday event in Milwaukee will allow people from around the country to tell their stories and express concerns he said have been “repeatedly ignored” by the medical community.

Johnson, who has no medical training or expertise, hasn't been vaccinated, saying he doesn't think he has to because he had the virus last year and formed natural antibodies. He has said he's “just asking questions” and isn't against vaccines, but doctors and other critics have blasted him for spreading misinformation.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Oh my goodness, finally got my mom to schedule her first covid shot.  A second person from the car business that worked with dad forever just died from it. Absolutely no sense in it if it can be prevented.

Getting my moms second shot today... with her husband dying and watching her use of masks... I am so happy to be almost on the other side of this with her.  I’m going to have to watch her for some side effects though.

1 minute ago, lostone said:

Getting my moms second shot today... with her husband dying and watching her use of masks... I am so happy to be almost on the other side of this with her.  I’m going to have to watch her for some side effects though.

I keep offering to go with my mom and then stay at her house afterwards to work remotely and monitor for reaction, she won't let me (even though she ****** that my brother and I never help her).

6 minutes ago, lostone said:

God I wish I was in a more blue state... good lord red states are just the dumbest idiots about anything science.  If it’s not about supply side Jesus, they don’t care at all and will try to murder us all.

Based on some of the NC people on my FB feed.....this is a correct assessment.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread