The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

I don’t celebrate deaths but I’ll make an exception for pieces of **** like Donald Rumsfeld, who I had the pleasure of seeing in person when a soldier explained how inadequate our equipment was for the mission we were given in Afghanistan and Iraq and his response was “you don’t go to war with the army you want, you go to war with the army you have”

**** Donald Rumsfeld I hope he’s spinning on a 10 inch fat **** in his *** for eternity.

18 minutes ago, Carter said:

I don’t celebrate deaths but I’ll make an exception for pieces of **** like Donald Rumsfeld, who I had the pleasure of seeing in person when a soldier explained how inadequate our equipment was for the mission we were given in Afghanistan and Iraq and his response was “you don’t go to war with the army you want, you go to war with the army you have”

**** Donald Rumsfeld I hope he’s spinning on a 10 inch fat **** in his *** for eternity.

You seem to think he wouldn't enjoy that. One man's **** is another man's Heaven.

And I cosign your sentiment. One of my team leaders was deplorable before that was really a thing. He was a former Navy seaman and when he heard Rumsfeld's dismissive response to a soldier who'd seen servicemen blown up with IEDs that were planted in the roads of Iraq, my dude was pissed at the guy who had the audacity to be worried, not with the turd who didn't care.

He said he didn't appreciate "some dinky whiner addressing the secretary of defense like that". After we argued for 15 minutes, we discussed recording a concept album as Dinky Whiner and the Weekend Warriors but we never followed suit. I think it was because I would have written songs protesting the war and he would have written songs protesting the troops.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

You seem to think he wouldn't enjoy that. One man's **** is another man's Heaven.

And I cosign your sentiment. One of my team leaders was deplorable before that was really a thing. He was a former Navy seaman and when he heard Rumsfeld's dismissive response to a soldier who'd seen servicemen blown up with IEDs that were planted in the roads of Iraq, my dude was pissed at the guy who had the audacity to be worried, not with the turd who didn't care.

He said he didn't appreciate "some dinky whiner addressing the secretary of defense like that". After we argued for 15 minutes, we discussed recording a concept album as Dinky Whiner and the Weekend Warriors but we never followed suit. I think it was because I would have written songs protesting the war and he would have written songs protesting the troops.

Neo cons got that blind fascism down to a science. We continue being led by corrupt filth all the time though. It’s madness. 

Good news, I was apparently incredibly misinformed... I didn't end up putting the dog down. Apparently, surgery for the ACL is just the fast fix. If we can work through the pain for a bit and lower the activity level, she may be able to recover enough to let the ligament scar over and the knee to stabilize. 

I'm a little irritated that I had to schedule an appointment to put her down, go through the entire "let's try to get the car to the vet while driving a 6 speed while fighting tears while trying to reassure myself that I'm doing the right thing" ordeal just to get in and have the vet give me more info...

Also, Suns...

3 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Good news, I was apparently incredibly misinformed... I didn't end up putting the dog down. Apparently, surgery for the ACL is just the fast fix. If we can work through the pain for a bit and lower the activity level, she may be able to recover enough to let the ligament scar over and the knee to stabilize. 

I'm a little irritated that I had to schedule an appointment to put her down, go through the entire "let's try to get the car to the vet while driving a 6 speed while fighting tears while trying to reassure myself that I'm doing the right thing" ordeal just to get in and have the vet give me more info...

Also, Suns...

That's GREAT news, but that last part NO! 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread