The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Meh, they weren’t supposed to beat the Sixers. We are on borrowed time anyway. We *might* be able to make it past the Bucks but I never expected to anyway. Would 100% expect to lose the series against Suns or Clips. But I’d still rather be there than not, this franchise has almost no history of success. Getting this close should hopefully send up a clear signal that we need to find the right star to pair up with Trae.

I get it. I root for Atlanta sports. I also know from my decades of Falcons fandom that hope is a horrible thing...

1 hour ago, Southern California Liar said:

@WhenFalconsWinit's June.....it's supposed to be hot.....right?

A shocking 17 times more people die from cold than heat each year, according to Lancet study. It sounds surprising, when you consider how much media attention is given to heat waves, but this is the result of a study published in The Lancet in 2015.Oct 11, 2018

You can find many studies that say this. Also the benefit of hot weather is the ability to grow food in regions that were previously less hospital to grow food which is great for our ever expanding population.

image.png

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

A shocking 17 times more people die from cold than heat each year, according to Lancet study. It sounds surprising, when you consider how much media attention is given to heat waves, but this is the result of a study published in The Lancet in 2015.Oct 11, 2018

You can find many studies that say this. Also the benefit of hot weather is the ability to grow food in regions that were previously less hospital to grow food which is great for our ever expanding population.

image.png

I really expected you to say something dumb but "Actually the severe drought across the entire west coast due to climate change that is destroying farming across the sector because of severe water shortages is a good thing because it's better for farmers " is even dumber than I thought you'd come up with.

Congratulations on that.

I mean he's had years now to come up with a better argument but he's still going with you can grow tomatoes longer.........if you can find the water and survive the more extreme weather events due to the earths warming oceans and atmosphere. 

Grade A moron. The right has to step it up on talking points about climate change for him to come in here and regurgitate like the good independent thinker he is.

Something like 66% of all the fruits and nuts grown in the US come from California.......but it's great for farmers he says. The climate wasn't the only thing that brought those farmers to California.......it was the soil. Californias central valley is some of the richest soil in America.

Just complete and utter idiocy and a pride in the idiocy really.

28 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

We've went from climate change isn't real to....actually the entire earth getting hotter is a good thing. 

Of course drought is bad, but you give me less death and more food and I have to go with the warming trend everytime. There is a reason people started growing food in green houses.

I trust people like Dr. Bjorn Lomborg over you Phd in CC.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Of course drought is bad, but you give me less death and more food and I have to go with the warming trend everytime. There is a reason people started growing food in green houses.

And you've topped the even dumber thing you said before. It's just dumb thing after dumb thing.

You need to find some talking points to regurgitate because this off the dome thing is going even worse for you.

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I trust people like Dr. Bjorn Lomborg over you Phd in CC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.com/amp/hypothermia-deaths-freezing-to-death-texas-cold-weather-winter-storms/10357317/

I'm curious how many people froze to death in Texas year over year compared to the once in a generation storm that seem to be pretty normal now.

Texas froze, the Northwest is melting, and the West is dry as a bone..... actually this is a good thing because in one of the most mild climate having countries in comparison to size we don't have to worry about freezing to death.

Moron.

4 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Prices are rising so much that minimum wage workers are poorer than they've been in decades

https://www.businessinsider.com/reopening-inflation-minimum-wage-decade-lows-labor-market-pay-growth-2021-6

Well I mean there's only two options here.

The inflation is a temporary product of coming out of a once in a generation pandemic and things getting way closer to normal on the demand side before they get closer to normal on the supply side to go along with things like UI benefits.

Or we are in for a world of hurt.

26 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Prices are rising so much that minimum wage workers are poorer than they've been in decades

https://www.businessinsider.com/reopening-inflation-minimum-wage-decade-lows-labor-market-pay-growth-2021-6

Only read the headline on the first response.

God I hope this article is correct and it's just a temporary inflation bubble while driving wages higher and higher. Please lawd let that be the case. The working class has already been through two "once in a generation" economic events in less than 20 years and they deserve this break.

27 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Well I mean there's only two options here.

The inflation is a temporary product of coming out of a once in a generation pandemic and things getting way closer to normal on the demand side before they get closer to normal on the supply side to go along with things like UI benefits.

Or we are in for a world of hurt.

I may be bias, but I do think much of the price increase is from the supply shock and things will go back to normal for most things.  Lumber prices have been falling and reports are that used car prices have peaked, which suggests it is temporary inflation as the global economy gets back into the swing of things.  FED is also projecting that this is largely a one off inflation spike and things will get back to normal by next year. 

I may be bias, but I do think much of the price increase is from the supply shock and things will go back to normal for most things.  Lumber prices have been falling and reports are that used car prices have peaked, which suggests it is temporary inflation as the global economy gets back into the swing of things.  FED is also projecting that this is largely a one off inflation spike and things will get back to normal by next year. 

Then GME trashes the market after moras happens...

did I WSB right?

It really feels like common sense at this point that there would be struggles on the supply side but we all just came through 2020 so..........

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread