The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Did...did ESPN have this tweet scheduled?

They really hurting that bad for more Lebron/Durant content during conference finals?

Jesus christ NBA discourse can be so dumb

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You'd be surprised. The on air persona is not the private persona of some like Nancy/Don/Moses...that's where we have meaningful thoughtful conversations.

In order to have “meaningful thoughtful conversation” both participants must have the capacity for thought.   
You and I have never had a meaningful thoughtful conversation.  

10 hours ago, Sponge said:

@JD dirtybird21 I'm pretty sure WFW has dm'd you crying about me downvoting him after I log in to see him downvoted me 805 times.

I know y'all had a bad Hawks evening last night, but the highlight of the evening for WFW was this post.  I bookmarked it, took a snapshot of it, and will have it made into a wall hanging photo.  You cannot make this she-it up. 

9 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

Nah I like what I do when they let me do what I can do and not covering for other parts of the business.. I can't work in a building. Just not what I'm built to do.

You're gonna get older man, at some point your body will not be able to handle the rigors of physical labor.  Maybe you don't work in a building, but you might have to consider advancement in the field you work in.  I've hear you complain about the toll its taken on you, it doesn't get better as you age, trust me on this. that's why I gave up blue collar work in my thirties. 

12 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Just search for “landslide” and use the “more search options” to search posts made by WFW.  You’ll get hundreds upon hundreds of posts to downvote.

11 hours ago, Sponge said:

Gave him 350 for now. I'll give him another couple hundred at halftime.

“TDS” also works pretty well as a search term 

But “lake” will keep you busy for an entire ****ty basketball game. 

10 minutes ago, Negative-Nancy said:

“TDS” also works pretty well as a search term 

But “lake” will keep you busy for an entire ****ty basketball game. 

"Wfw" returns over 8k posts

It was obvious wfw loves to talk about himself in third person but I didn't realize he did this THAT much

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I've hear you complain about the toll its taken on you, it doesn't get better as you age, trust me on this. that's why I gave up blue collar work in my thirties. 

You gave up trash hauling in your thirties? Good move. Now the only trash in your portfolio is what you post here. :mmmhmm:

35 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

You gave up trash hauling in your thirties? Good move. Now the only trash in your portfolio is what you post here. :mmmhmm:

I owned a small business, did a lot of the work myself with the help of a small crew, less than 10 people, I sold out and got out of that. Went back to school (32 years of age), finished my degrees (two of them) and the rest is history.  It's never to late Gramps, you should go back and get you HS diploma son, it's never to late. 

Update:  Yes, the lake is a good investment even though I bough it as a family home. Prices since I bough nearly 5 years ago are up around 30%, I had a realtor call me yesterday and said they had a client that wanted to give me $200k more than I paid for it and they were willing to settle in 30 days. I said its not for sale.  The demand for boomers to buy is greater than the supply at this time. All them northern boomers want to come to "my neck of the woods" I'm holding on. There are only 19 homes in millionaire's cove and I want to keep this place in my family even after I'm gone. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread