The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Was waiting for these two to chime in on CRT, not at all shocked they conveniently ignore the fact that actual CRT is not taught anywhere in K-12 as republicans claim. Of course history is still taught, but not CRT at that level, and yet . . .

On 6/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, NightPain said:

Nice. Couple poster I have had bromances with over the years. I won’t post their names to keep their identities a secret to keep them from getting all the salt haters throw...

who am I kidding @SyCo

Who the **** are you and why do you keep tagging me? You're driving me insane

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Was waiting for these two to chime in on CRT, not at all shocked they conveniently ignore the fact that actual CRT is not taught anywhere in K-12 as republicans claim. Of course history is still taught, but not CRT at that level, and yet . . .

“Dumb semantic quibble” and “short-hand terminology.  So basically just make s**** up and it becomes reality by falsely repeating it often enough.  

I actually had a discussion with a colleague about this earlier in the week.  There are some committees around campus that are proposing to bring in speakers on this topic.  Somewhat unrelated, the people on these committees are WAY outside their area of expertise but that hasn’t deterred them in pushing speakers and other events.  Anyway, I was arguing that we should ignore the whole thing and not bring in speakers to talk about CRT whatsoever.  None of us, myself included, even knew what the **** it was until the right wingers started babbling about it.  But after looking into it, it’s very obvious that it’s a narrow topic that’s not at all widespread on college campuses, let alone K-12.  I don’t think we even have a single course on the subject that’s taught.  So if the right wingers try to make an argument to “ban” it here or otherwise to attack our school over it then we’d be better off being able to respond, “we don’t know what you’re talking about and we don’t even teach it here.”  By bringing in a bunch of speakers to talk about it, we’re actually playing right into the right wingers’ argument that it’s this widespread, ubiquitous thing in education.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread