The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

15 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Mike Lindell’s latest stupidity should end well…

“Then we’re bringing all the media. Maybe even Fox will show up! What a concept. And then we’re going to bring in all senators, governors—even the corrupt ones, Brian Kemp—and legislatures, secretary of states, and every single government official that wants to be there, because when we show them these packet captures, we’re gonna just give them out to all them cyber guys so they can have their own guy go, ‘How many votes were flipped here in Tampa?’ Here you go. Boom. It’s going to be a worldwide event. Millions are going to see it, and those Supreme Court justices are going to look at it then, and they’re going to go 9-0 that this country was attacked. The election is gonna come down. Donald Trump will be in office by this fall, for sure.”

It should be entertaining atleast.

9 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I haven't been paying much attention to baseball this season, so I just learned that pitching has been so dominant that umps have gone full "stop and frisk" on pitchers coming off the mound. 

And you can imagine how some of these man-babies are taking it. 

What do you want to bet what happens when they have to search the big marketable favorites?

tenor.gif

I am so shocked. Just......no way. We would have to be the baddies for this to be true. I'm just thankful that President Biden took such a strong stance on this and assured it would never happen again by letting them off the hook and not really doing anything but scowling in public. True bipartisanship is when he approved basically the same weapon sales to Saudi Arabia.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/breakingdefense.com/2021/04/why-biden-white-house-lifted-arms-sales-freeze-to-uae-ksa/amp/

“First, there is the question of the nature of the arms, how and what purpose do they serve,” Yasmine Farouk, a Middle East expert at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace told me in an interview.

“Second, the U.S. continues to systematically state its commitment to the defense of Saudi Arabia so I don’t think arms transfers in general will completely stop, not only for political, security and strategic reasons, but also for economic reasons.”

It is also clear that President Biden has backed off his pledge as a presidential candidate to treat the Saudis as “the pariahs that they are”.

37 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

You don't get to decide your nickname. Simple as that.

It was fan given when he was a rookie. 

IIRC he didn't like it at first lol

16 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I could have sworen he said it was a high school thing today on 92.9 but I was in and out of the truck.

I tried to find something about it. I feel like Fox Sports had something when he was a rookie but obviously they no longer exist lol. 

However if you google "Kevin Huerter nickname" Google will let you know he majored in "Letters and Sciences"

TF is that?!

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread