The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

It strikes me as kinda ironic that the people who talk about having statues of civil war generals as celebrating history and the taking down of those statues is erasing history are the same people who don't want to examine that history and how it influences us today.

After all....it's heritage and not hate. You can't just erase it.........until it comes to studying it and coming to an understanding of how it influences us to this day. Then it's okay to erase it.

1 minute ago, Southern California Liar said:

It strikes me as kinda ironic that the people who talk about having statues of civil war generals as celebrating history and the taking down of those statues is erasing history are the same people who don't want to examine that history and how it influences us today.

After all....it's heritage and not hate. You can't just erase it.........until it comes to studying it and coming to an understanding of how it influences us to this day. Then it's okay to erase it.

CRT isn’t even taught below post-graduate/law school levels. It’s the dumbest right wing culture war in some time.

I bet wfw is scared of it. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

CRT isn’t even taught below post-graduate/law school levels. It’s the dumbest right wing culture war in some time.

I bet wfw is scared of it. 

It's heritage and not hate they'll say about civil war generals statues and schools being named after civil war generals during the Civil rights movement. You can't erase history. You have to acknowledge it and learn!!!!

Okay what if we take a deeper look at how race has influenced everything in this country from the justice system and the laws that have been passed from the top down at a historic level.

That's hate!!!! Thats not heritage!!! Erase it!!!!

I dont understand why there is a baseline ref if they don't pay any attention to what happens under the basket. 

Every game it's just egregious. 

Blake just pulled Giannis down while trying to go for a rebound

1 minute ago, WOR said:

Cam Reddish ain't doing **** against KD.

Yall trying to set him up for failure lol. 

Early in the season he was guarding KD in our first two matchups. I am not saying he is gonna clamp him, but he is the best healthy option we have and we have never shied away from putting him or Hunter on the best team's player. Even as rookies. 

7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Early in the season he was guarding KD in our first two matchups. I am not saying he is gonna clamp him, but he is the best healthy option we have and we have never shied away from putting him or Hunter on the best team's player. Even as rookies. 

He's been out for months. 

Hey kid I know you've been out for months with a bum leg but welcome back to the Finals. Go guard the best offensive guy on the planet. 

5 minutes ago, WOR said:

He's been out for months. 

Hey kid I know you've been for months with a bum leg but welcome back to the Finals. Go guard the best offensive guy on the planet. 

Good thing he won’t have to guard him now. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread