The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

7 minutes ago, WOR said:

Let's not ignore the fact that in an NBA where everyone's dropping like flies the Hawks are the one team that has to play a dude with a torn meniscus. 

This just going to be the year I lament what if the Hawks unlike everybody else had all thier pieces  regardless of the reality

You've had old *** Rose and bum knee Embiid playing 40+ and being fine and the only injury in both series arguably hurts the hawks more than the sixers lol.

If the NBA wants to fix the injuries they just should let the hawks keep advancing. 

12 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

This half *** measure to try and appeal to the younger generation isn't going to save your sport. Only a matter of time before soccer passes baseball as the 3rd most popular sport. 

idk man the mlb is the most attended sports league in the world annually and it's not even close

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

For the record, I think that I was thinking about the old Soviet anthem, although it might be the same music with different words. Honestly, I don’t know

it is

russia tried a completely different national anthem for a bit after the soviet union dissolved, but putin brought back the old music with some new words in the early 2000s, iirc.

4 minutes ago, achilles return said:

idk man the mlb is the most attended sports league in the world annually and it's not even close

Yeah but is that a reflection of its popularity or is it a cross section of alot of repeat customers in a sport that plays every single day

3 minutes ago, achilles return said:

a mixture of its popularity and the fact they play 162 games a year.

They best be careful with that though. 

I feel like our generation was the last that was real heavy in the "go to the game and get beers" crowd. 

I fully expect soccer to overtake baseball by the time I'm 50. (MLS will probably still be firmly behind MLB like it is currently NHL despite soccer being far more popular than hockey but soccer will pass baseball eventually)

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread