Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I know there were rumors of Trae feuding with Collins and Pierce, but with the recent reports about Luka and Porzingas and now this it sounds like Luka is a bit of a messy *****. One hates to see it. 

I take comfort in the fact Luka never ever would have stayed here. One taste of that Georgiaslaw. Not even getting into whether or not he could ever gel with The Culture 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luka got traded away from a cursed sports city that can’t attract any marquee FA’s to a team with a billionaire owner infamous for spending money. One would think that would be a good situation, unless he wants to go be the third option on the Lakers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

@AF89 I made it a little bit into episode 5 of Invincible and bailed. The hyper-violence couldn’t save it for me. 

13 hours ago, AF89 said:

Dang i think it was after episode 3 or 4 where I ended up finishing it in one sitting. The ending episode where Omniman goes full dark superman on the world and government is good sh*t. Theres a scene where he picks up his son like a shield and pushes him into and thru a train turning like hundreds of people inside into human slurry and all just to prove a point about how little he values human life

What is this carnage you speak of?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbf Q folks seem to discuss thier coming authoritarian west dream with the same semi seriousness that we used to discuss which Thrones monarch we simp'd.

I member when BO used to call me Tommen :sadwave: (before we got the 6ft tall twink version of him on the show)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

What is this carnage you speak of?

Invincible. I loved it (after a boring 1st episode). @Mr. Hoopah! couldn't get into

Admittedly theres some dumb teenage bs that's sorts ham fisted on you at parts but the last few episodes are magnificent television. 

I've always like the "what if Superman were a evil d*ck" that's being really explored in recent years like in The Boys going all the way back to when I read Irredeemable a decade ago

Irredeemable_Cassaday_cover_art.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Seriously?  You don’t care that something you posted is factually false?  

Good Lord, you’re right! How could I possibly think that something I saw was funny even knowing it most likely wasn’t true?! My God, just think of the repercussions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Monarch said:

Friends, I will respectfully have to ask you never to post one of those clips of Mark Levin’s voice coming out of a milkshake. It turns out that he was NEVER actually an anthropomorphic milkshake!

Lies.....deception 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

0e5ff5e426ee4541a52041e1f1a6012d.png

For over a year Trump has been saying it originated out of the Wuhan lab, as The Hill contends.  Also, other publications.  But you have an old tweet in Jan 2020 before he even closed down travel to China, (Jan. 31 2020). Well, at least you got a laugh out of trout. 

Former President Trump on Tuesday claimed vindication for his assertion that the coronavirus originated in a lab in Wuhan, China, and defended using the term "Chinese virus," which has been criticized as racist and blamed in part for a spike in violence against Asian Americans. 

Throughout much of April and into May of 2020, both leaned into the notion that the virus came from Chinese lab, with Trump doubling and tripling down on anti-Chinese rhetoric. Trump even contradicted an on-the-record statement from his own intelligence community when he said at a news conference he had a “high degree of confidence” that the virus originated in a Wuhan lab.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Good Lord, you’re right! How could I possibly think that something I saw was funny even knowing it most likely wasn’t true?! My God, just think of the repercussions.

 

Just now, The Monarch said:

Friends, I will respectfully have to ask you never to post one of those clips of Mark Levinson’s voice coming out of a milkshake. It turns out that he was NEVER actually an anthropomorphic milkshake!

That’s not the same as obvious satire or comedy and you know it.  If you knew it was fake, you could have simply indicated that in the post.  And, IMO, the only actual humor in the post is if it were true.  Because as an attempt at comedy or satire, it’s just kind of lame, to be honest.  

Or a simple, “welp, I got honey d***ed by Twitter yet again” would have also been fine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Invincible. I loved it (after a boring 1st episode). @Mr. Hoopah! couldn't get into

Admittedly theres some dumb teenage bs that's sorts ham fisted on you at parts but the last few episodes are magnificent television. 

I've always like the "what if Superman were a evil d*ck" that's being really explored in recent years like in The Boys going all the way back to when I read Irredeemable a decade ago

Irredeemable_Cassaday_cover_art.jpg

While I continue to enjoy what the MCU is putting out, I’m otherwise over saturated with super hero stuff and The Boys is a much more interesting take on what if super heroes were psychotic serial killers than Invincible, especially given the teenage love interest stuff. If they’re going to do that level of graphic gore, I’d prefer adult-relations like crushing a guy’s skull while he tosses your salad or a merman-rapist getting his gills fingered like on the Boys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

 

That’s not the same as obvious satire or comedy and you know it.  If you knew it was fake, you could have simply indicated that in the post.  And, IMO, the only actual humor in the post is if it were true.  Because as an attempt at comedy or satire, it’s just kind of lame, to be honest.  

Or a simple, “welp, I got honey d***ed by Twitter yet again” would have also been fine.  

 

Or, counterpoint, I just thought it was funny knowing it was probably not true and thought others might also find it funny. But kudos, sir. I thank my lord (satan) every night we have you here to be the supreme arbiter of truth and appropriateness on this board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...