Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, achilles return said:

you’re inexplicably accepting a completely made-up fraud claim from a vested party without a measure of inspection and yet you’ll never critically examine how “big government” somehow manages to run universal heath care programs in every single wealthy, industrialized country other than our own.

The Gubmint is ripe with fraud, abuse, wasting taxpayers money (and has been my entire life) and yet the Dems want to continue to grow it.  The best way to cure cancer is nip it in the bud, not let it grow unchecked.  People got money who didn't need it (including businesses, and people nd businesses who did need it did get it.  The machine is to big to control and thus one hand doesn't know what the other is doing and many who are in the Gubmint couldn't care less. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Gubmint is ripe with fraud, abuse, wasting taxpayers money (and has been my entire life) and yet the Dems want to continue to grow it.  The best way to cure cancer is nip it in the bud, not let it grow unchecked. 

ah yes, the best way to cure the imaginary, ******** metaphorical “cancer” that sane people would ascribe as “a working government that serves the public interest” is to allow the victims of actual cancer to die destitute and impoverished.

you couldn’t highlight a better summation for american conservatism. thanks, wfw!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

ah yes, the best way to cure the imaginary, ******** metaphorical “cancer” that sane people would ascribe as “a working government that serves the public interest” is to allow the victims of actual cancer to die destitute and impoverished.

you couldn’t highlight a better summation for american conservatism. thanks, wfw!

Trump showed how the government can work with a less than a year vaccine, kudos to that.  When you cut red tape and regulations and let them do what they can do best)in a crisis) good results can happen. If you let them grow and go unchecked, you end up with Gubmint officials like Fauci.  We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Southern California Liar said:

Going with the cancer metaphor kinda says something and it ain't good.

I agree with you on this, our Gubmint is like a cancer right now and in recent times. There is a reason Congress has such a low approval rating.  Call it cancer, a flu, a virus, whatever, its bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lostone said:

In Costco most people of color are still wearing masks... about 25% or less of white folks wearing masks...

 

what is y’all doing... 

What's it hurt to wear them? My wife and I have been vaccinated for months and we still wear them when we go out.  In fact most places here in NoVa require them. Down at the lake in Central Va they don't.  We did recently go out to a sit down restaurant and a movie within the last two weeks. The ice is broken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Trump showed how the government can work with a less than a year vaccine, kudos to that.  When you cut red tape and regulations and let them do what they can do best)in a crisis) good results can happen. If you let them grow and go unchecked, you end up with Gubmint officials like Fauci.  We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. 

The irony here, is one of the top reasons conservatives won’t get the vaccine is because they feel it was rushed and didn’t have the proper testing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, shc said:

The irony here, is one of the top reasons conservatives won’t get the vaccine is because they feel it was rushed and didn’t have the proper testing. 

Actually I agree except for I would added some conservatives.  If I remember the Dems Pelosi, Schumer, Harris said they didn't trust the rush out of the vaccine, I don't remember any prominent conservative rep pushing that (the vaccine was rushed out to fast) but you can correct me if I'm wrong.

The AP story notes that polls have shown Republicans to be more vaccine-hesitant than Democrats. It doesn’t mention that some African Americans are wary about being vaccinated, although recent polls show vaccine hesitancy is declining among Black Americans.

The five worst-performing states per the AP analysis are also some of the states with the highest percentage of Black residents. Mississippi is the worst-performing state in terms of vaccine performance; it also has the highest percentage of African American residents. Louisiana has the second-highest percentage of Black residents, and it’s in the bottom five in terms of vaccine performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, achilles return said:

no one is wearing masks out here in lavonia. not gonna lie, i’ve basically stopped in the last month or so. been doubled vax’d since early april.

I know I’m mostly protected.  I just know a lot of people aren’t vaccinated at all and are about to they us another spike.

6 minutes ago, shc said:

The irony here, is one of the top reasons conservatives won’t get the vaccine is because they feel it was rushed and didn’t have the proper testing. 

Isn’t this just a slightly modified version of another vaccine?  Maybe we’d have better details if a news network didn’t politicize against any way of combating the virus...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Trump showed how the government can work with a less than a year vaccine, kudos to that.  When you cut red tape and regulations and let them do what they can do best)in a crisis) good results can happen. If you let them grow and go unchecked, you end up with Gubmint officials like Fauci.  We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Fauci has been in his current job for something like four decades and y'all only started getting upset at him when the bleach injecting troglodyte got buttsore about being contradicted. It's transparent and (punnily enough) reflects super poorly on your opinions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lostone said:

My cousin is 50 and she looks like she’s in her 30s.  I hope I remain 30 looking for 25 more years

I was a very young looking 45 last year, but I seemingly aged a decade in the past 12 months for some odd reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I was a very young looking 45 last year, but I seemingly aged a decade in the past 12 months for some odd reason. 

You were stressing over a non real virus that only killed a few more people than the annual flu season.  You sheep you!  You didn’t trust the plan and it aged you commie.  Also antifa fauci chem trails illegal immigrants flat earth woke garble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, lostone said:

You were stressing over a non real virus that only killed a few more people than the annual flu season.  You sheep you!  You didn’t trust the plan and it aged you commie.  Also antifa fauci chem trails illegal immigrants flat earth woke garble

The fake virus has given me a very real ulcer and sleeping issues.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The fake virus has given me a very real ulcer and sleeping issues.

 

Fake 5G weather veins pizza pedo gate a la mod

 

the fact people actually don’t care about your well being and only fake meh freedoms speaks volumes.  I really don’t want to be your patient for Covid... only for when I consume too much cbd :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Fauci has been in his current job for something like four decades and y'all only started getting upset at him when the bleach injecting troglodyte got buttsore about being contradicted. It's transparent and (punnily enough) reflects super poorly on your opinions. 

Not really, Fauci has been all over the map. He had a quite a few lies himself along the way, and his department very well could've funded the Lab leak in Wuhan, which coincidentally might of aided his flip flop in the Lab leak theory. Yes, he has been around a longtime, started with his work on the AIDS epidemic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

didn’t predict WFW going full Q after Q went away 

At the very least a fine line...

The National Institutes of Health earmarked $600,000 for the Wuhan Institute of Virology over a five-year period to study whether bat coronaviruses could be transmitted to humans, White House chief medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci told lawmakers Tuesday.

Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), told a House Appropriations subcommittee that the money was funneled to the Chinese lab through the non-profit EcoHealth Alliance to fund “a modest collaboration with very respectable Chinese scientists who were world experts on coronavirus.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...