Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Remember that time he said that Roy Moore would win the AL Senate race and then when called out on it, he pointed to a post he made AFTER the election saying he disapproved of Moore as “proof” that he never made the prediction?

That’s why I call him Nostradumbazz.

I remember the time he said I sent him a PM that was …. I don’t remember  what it was, but his post was creative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

Y'all....corporate bro called me again today to talk about which jobs he could take off of me tomorrow. He's salary and I'm hourly. He absolutely does not have to do it.

We talked about kids, marriage, work, hobbies, sports again, and pretty much everything in between. 

I think I'm on the brink of a bromance with a corporate dude. He's only been corporate for 4 months though so I feel less dirty.

I thought I was your bougie boy?!?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Time for everyone to put WFW on ignore.  I finally have had enough of his lies, boasting and trumpism to last the rest of the year. 

The only boasting of Trump has been you Gramps, telling us about his impending arrest.  Lest you forgot, Biden is our POTUS and we'll deal with his actions (good or bad) as they come out.  Hard to believe Trump has had this much control over your life the last 5 years or so.  Makes perfect sense to me though when you think about it, Trump is just your waay of deflecting on the Biden/Harris regime. I cannot blame you there, I mean what positive things do you have to say except, they're not Trump...:lol:

Putin praises Trump and calling out Biden even though he gave him a pipeline.  Putin calls Biden, "a career man" you cannot make this she-it up. :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Remember that time he said that Roy Moore would win the AL Senate race and then when called out on it, he pointed to a post he made AFTER the election saying he disapproved of Moore as “proof” that he never made the prediction?

That’s why I call him Nostradumbazz.

Actually, I said, I wished the feckless AG Sessions should've resigned and taken back his Senate seat because Moore had too much baggage.  But you know, getting things right is not your business. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Actually, I said, I wished the feckless AG Sessions should've resigned and taken back his Senate seat because Moore had to much baggage.  But you know, getting things right is not your business. 

Actually you quoted a post as proof that you didn't think he was gonna win but the problem was the post was made after the election.

 

So....

Roy Moore is gonna win

Republicans are gonna gain in the senate and the house in 2020

Trump 2020

Trumps election fraud claims are just gonna blow over you said in December 

 

 

 

 

And I'm forgetting a bunch of **** too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Southern California Liar said:

Actually you quoted a post as proof that you didn't think he was gonna win but the problem was the post was made after the election.

 

So....

Roy Moore is gonna win

Republicans are gonna gain in the senate and the house in 2020

Trump 2020

Trumps election fraud claims are just gonna blow over you said in December 

 

 

 

 

And I'm forgetting a bunch of **** too.

He eats covid for breakfast and everything would be back to normal July 4th (2020).

Al Franken would never resign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

We don't have cap space. Only reason we can resign Collins is because of Bird rights. So it is either spend it on Collins or spend it on no one. Unless we can get an Sign and Trade, I think we should keep Collins. Trade him at a later date for a real number 2. 

 

12 hours ago, AF89 said:

No one is going to make that trade, it'd be foolish to tie ourselves down to a massive contract to Lebron's future 3rd best helper or whatever

 

You're not really tying yourself to him though. For all of his deficiencies, which have become glaring in the playoffs, he's still an exceptionally talented young player who has gotten better every year. No one is going to offer him a real max this off-season, so any deal we sign him to will likely be tradeable. Someone will want him enough that we could unload him when the time comes, even if the return is scant, and his salary would become useful in matching for a better player.

And, like @GEORGIAfan said, it's not like you really clean up cap space by not signing him. Again, even acknowledging all of his deficiencies, we don't have nearly enough cap space to replace his production and importance to the team in free agency. 

I'll also point out that, like Trae, this is JC's first taste of the playoffs. He's 23. He's proven to be a good outside shooter, albeit on low volume, an excellent roll man, a good midrange jump shooter, and a very good help-side defender. I'm not giving up on him yet, particularly not because we lose a series to the #1 seed that is just bigger and way more experienced than we are.

Keep the core, build off our success this season, and then try down the line to trade some of that core and picks for a difference maker if one becomes available. But until one becomes available, you can't let key pieces leave for nothing or we could start backsliding real quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

And we want BIG GUBMINT TO RUN OUR HEALTHCARE...**** THAT

kC2iIrP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
 

it’s really indicative of the right’s moral values in general that the above is your response to some made up ******** about “fraud” when the actual horror stories in our psychotic healthcare system are just waved away with a second thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, achilles return said:

kC2iIrP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
 

it’s really indicative of the right’s moral values in general that the above is your response to some made up ******** about “fraud” when the actual horror stories in our psychotic healthcare system are just waved away with a second thought.

Like I said, I am in favor of expanding Medicare/Medicaid, people need help give it to them. But the audacity to think our GUBMINT WHO CANNOT EVEN HANDOUT COVID RELIEF CHECKS WITHOUD MASSIVE FRAUD is just some of the feeble minded followers who BELIEVE BIG GUBMINT HAS THEIR BEST INTEREST AT HEARTNOR THAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF HANDLING SUCH A THING.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Like I said, I am in favor of expanding Medicare/Medicaid, people need help give it to them. But the audacity to think our GUBMINT WHO CANNOT EVEN HANDOUT COVID RELIEF CHECKS WITHOUD MASSIVE FRAUD is just some of the feeble minded followers who BELIEVE BIG GUBMINT HAS THEIR BEST INTEREST AT HEARTNOR THAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF HANDLING SUCH A THING.  

you’re inexplicably accepting a completely made-up fraud claim from a vested party without a measure of inspection and yet you’ll never critically examine how “big government” somehow manages to run universal heath care programs in every single wealthy, industrialized country other than our own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...