The ABF Classic Film Series: Slap Shot (1977) Thread

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Sponge @Corn Pop the toddler and my brother's murder-dog love each other so much

Update on Pops. He was taken to the hospital today. He was progressively getting worse over last night and this morning. Ending up having a fall this afternoon. He’s on plavix, so it makes his skin te

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Does this eliminate Cotton from 2024? Before Trump, I think we would have said probably yes; but in this post-truth era our country finds itself in since then, I highly doubt it. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Oh my . . . 

Is this a technicality? Or as if someone attended a conference at Harvard University and put on their resumes that they were a Harvard grad?

[FWIW, I knew someone who attended a conference at Harvard and wore a Harvard University sweatshirt.] 

Prepare yourselves for the “gas prices are going up, thanks Democrats” posts. I’ve already spotted one former ****lib turned MAGA sympathizer (still confused as to how it happened) who is actually arguing that it’s oil industry retaliation against shutting down the keystone.

These people get to vote 😖

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Prepare yourselves for the “gas prices are going up, thanks Democrats” posts. I’ve already spotted one former ****lib turned MAGA sympathizer (still confused as to how it happened) who is actually arguing that it’s oil industry retaliation against shutting down the keystone.

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah, I’ve already seen a ton of those on Facebook, most of them starting on Jan 20th as a “I’m posting this so it shows up as a memory in a year” type.

42 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, I’ve already seen a ton of those on Facebook, most of them starting on Jan 20th as a “I’m posting this so it shows up as a memory in a year” type.

Same here.

I chuckle because most of the things on the things are pretty much independent of the president.

But that is to be expected from the crowd that thinks Trump created "the greatest economy in history".

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

“This will only further divide the country” said the same people who lied for months about the election being illegitimate and only toned it down because an insurrection killed 5 people including a cop.

The party of personal responsibility?

I mean, I wouldn’t mind if Republicans actually woke up and realized the mistake they had made.  If the people who lied about “voter fraud” and voted for the authoritarian power grab on January 6th just came out and told the truth, I’d have no problem moving forward.  

But they are still lying about it and still inciting people with dangerous conspiracies.  They still want to get all of the benefits from their lies and authoritarian horse**** without facing any accountability.  And some people apparently think that’s perfectly acceptable and those calling for accountability are the ones being divisive.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Slap Shot (1977) Thread