The ABF Classic Film Series: Slap Shot (1977) Thread

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Sponge @Corn Pop the toddler and my brother's murder-dog love each other so much

Posted Images

Feel like in retrospect Tiger has been the last 7ish years what people are now talking about what society did to Britney in the 2000s. (Not 1 to 1, he did some stuff to himself but kinda)

Feel like I've seen an article about how fried Tiger looked in an interview or something at least once a month

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

In the grand scheme of things, is “he promised on day one but it might be a bit over a month because Congress has to use reconciliation which takes a few weeks to get started” really worth this much time and effort and griping?

We sat here in the early days of Trump in this very forum and mocked his promise and failure to build the wall and have Mexico pay for it because either he completely misunderstood how legislation actually works (and let's be real that can never apply to Biden) or was perfectly willing to mislead his voters with promises the extent of which he knew he couldn't actually fulfill.

I think this is fair game

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

We sat here in the early days of Trump in this very forum and mocked his promise and failure to build the wall and have Mexico pay for it because either he completely misunderstood how legislation actually works (and let's be real that can never apply to Biden) or was perfectly willing to mislead his voters with promises the extent of which he knew he couldn't actually fulfill.

I think this is fair game

“Mexico didn’t pay for the wall” is not the same as “reconciliation takes a few weeks”.  This stuff just seems ticky tack af.  

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

“Mexico didn’t pay for the wall” is not the same as “reconciliation takes a few weeks”.  This stuff just seems ticky tack af.  

Seems weird to claim that people desperately needs these checks they were promised "immediately" when its actually probably going to be like late March or April and call criticism of that "tick tack af"

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Seems weird to claim that people desperately needs these checks they were promised "immediately" when its actually probably going to be like late March or April and call criticism of that "tick tack af"

I’m talking about all the time and energy being spent on it.  With everything else going on so far this year, it seems ticky tack to keep harping on this day after day (not you, others on these boards and on Twitter).  Honestly, if this is the worst thing people can find to complain about Biden then he’s doing a pretty good job so far.

1 minute ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I get what folks are saying but "Those $2000 checks go out immediately" has turned into "Those $1400 dollar checks bringing the total to $2000 are going to go out in 6-8 weeks...." and its okay to criticize it.

The amount of time and attention it’s getting is disproportionate to the seriousness of the issue.  As I asked, is this really worth the time and effort and griping it’s gotten so far?

27 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Kinda lowkey makes me sad that because Julio took over the position alot of future younger generation fans prolly want even know much about Roddy beyond his name in the future 

I sure am glad he turned out so good. His first few years we all called him Skillet Hands 😂 Which is also a name that got dropped pretty quick because he became super reliable.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The amount of time and attention it’s getting is disproportionate to the seriousness of the issue.  As I asked, is this really worth the time and effort and griping it’s gotten so far?

I'm literally hosting friends for dinner who can't pay for groceries on a regular basis so kindly **** off with the "seriousness of the issue" argument. If it was a promise he couldn't keep it shouldn't have been made

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m talking about all the time and energy being spent on it.  With everything else going on so far this year, it seems ticky tack to keep harping on this day after day (not you, others on these boards and on Twitter).  Honestly, if this is the worst thing people can find to complain about Biden then he’s doing a pretty good job so far.

It is never “ticky tack” to hold people to what they say they are going to do - least of all politicians. When they deliver on what they said would be the time for congratulations on doing a pretty good job.