The ABF Classic Film Series: Slap Shot (1977) Thread

1 minute ago, The Great American said:

I would think most Americans would support helping the needy as well as investing more money into education.  But in the context of "Jesus is a liberal" argument, the Roman gov't didn't help the poor Jews much.  Jesus stepped up and helped even though that was not His primary mission for coming into this world.        

I’m not talking about the ideology of Jesus.  I’m just saying that a lot of evangelicals talk about how they want government policy to reflect their Christian values, but that rarely seems to translate into helping the poor through health care, education, welfare, child assistance, etc.  

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update on Pops. He was taken to the hospital today. He was progressively getting worse over last night and this morning. Ending up having a fall this afternoon. He’s on plavix, so it makes his skin te

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m not talking about the ideology of Jesus.  I’m just saying that a lot of evangelicals talk about how they want government policy to reflect their Christian values, but that rarely seems to translate into helping the poor through health care, education, welfare, child assistance, etc.  

uh... How did that f*ck just say that wasn’t one of the Primary Roles of Jesus Christ!!? 

Now I am VERY OFFENDED by that! 😡

2 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

The Jesus described in the Christian Bible wouldn't be a fan of most if not all of our politicians. Wouldn't be too happy with a significant chunk of Americans in general.

Well.. actually he WOULD BE a fan of all Americans. All humans of the world as well while we are at it.

We all have been forced to pick sides since birth.  Chronically dividing people does not enhance our humanity at all.  I try to stay out of the political arguments because of that.  Most of us just want to get along.  A fringe has the limelight and it is in their best interest to pit the right, left, center etcetera, at each other's throats.  Can't watch the nasty things they are doing when your squabbling over $1400 checks and bickering about who said what on some social platform.

Western doctrine revises “save the lost” and “look after orphans and widows in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the world”.

Those still hold true for the religion, but for strange reasons in America in particular it was changed by many to “protect the rich” and “create orphans and widows, keep them in distress and care mostly about material possessions”.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯