The ABF Classic Film Series: Slap Shot (1977) Thread

8 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

There's not much to explain. He was brown... He believed in helping the poor, sick, uneducated... He disliked capitalism and rich people...

I can keep going, but Jesus was literally ANTIFA.

I know He had dark skin but you shouldn't confuse materialism with capitalism.   Jesus had rich friends such as Zacchaeus.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Sponge @Corn Pop the toddler and my brother's murder-dog love each other so much

Yo,  if this happens I'm driving to Flowery Branch and fighting someone. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"

True.  It's written in red.  But helping poor people does not make one a liberal.  I've spent many hours volunteering in homeless shelters and I consider myself conservative. 

Jesus chose Matthew (tax collector for Rome) as a disciple as well as Simon the Zealot who was on the other end of the political spectrum.  I cant see where anyone can put the liberal or conservative label on Jesus.

8 minutes ago, The Great American said:

True.  It's written in red.  But helping poor people does not make one a liberal.  I've spent many hours volunteering in homeless shelters and I consider myself conservative. 

Jesus chose Matthew (tax collector for Rome) as a disciple as well as Simon the Zealot who was on the other end of the political spectrum.  I cant see where anyone can put the liberal or conservative label on Jesus.

Shouldn’t government policy reflect your Christian values (e.g., charity and helping the poor)?

7 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Do I really need to go through the activity of breaking out examples? Come on man.

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Shouldn’t government policy reflect your Christian values (e.g., charity and helping the poor)?

Well, that's ridiculous, because Jesus would tell them "Thou shall take a part time job at Walmart, in addition to your jobs at McDonalds and Uber, if thoust wishes to feed on the treats of sustenance".

14 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Well, that's ridiculous, because Jesus would tell them "Thou shall take a part time job at Walmart, in addition to your jobs at McDonalds and Uber, if thoust wishes to feed on the treats of sustenance".

Don't forget the biblical classic

"Thou shall budget better"

5 minutes ago, The Great American said:

It would be nice if they did.  Unfortunatly, many political leaders do not have godly wisdom.  

There are lots of political leaders who support helping the poor through government policies such as health care, welfare, child assistance, and so forth.  Do you support those policies?

24 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

There are lots of political leaders who support helping the poor through government policies such as health care, welfare, child assistance, and so forth.  Do you support those policies?

I would think most Americans would support helping the needy as well as investing more money into education.  But in the context of "Jesus is a liberal" argument, the Roman gov't didn't help the poor Jews much.  Jesus stepped up and helped even though that was not His primary mission for coming into this world.