The ABF Classic Film Series: Slap Shot (1977) Thread

🤣

K-Pop Stans Hijack GOP Congresswoman’s #ImpeachBidenNow Hashtag

Greene probably assumed her hashtag would attract a groundswell of support — and it did, just not in the way she expected.

By Friday morning, there were more than 100,000 tweets using the hashtag, and the vast majority were sent by K-pop fans sharing photos of their favorite artists, rather than anti-Biden messages.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/impeach-biden-now-hashtag-kpop-stans_n_600b0a87c5b6f401aea4121a

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update on Pops. He was taken to the hospital today. He was progressively getting worse over last night and this morning. Ending up having a fall this afternoon. He’s on plavix, so it makes his skin te

Posted Images

Lovely article from last April about Hank Aaron. Won't post the whole thing since it's behind a (well deserved) paywall, but this snippet is worth sharing:

The Baseball 100: No. 4, Henry Aaron

Mostly, though, the dazzler covers up just how complete a hitter Henry Aaron was. If you took away his 755 home runs — just took them away — he would still have had 3,000 hits. Not only does he have the record for most RBIs with 2,297, but he also has the most combined runs and RBIs.

Most runs plus RBIs:

Henry Aaron, 4,471

Babe Ruth, 4,388

Barry Bonds, 4,223

Ty Cobb, 4,189

Alex Rodriguez, 4,107

And then there’s his absurd, almost laughable, breakaway lead in career total bases. If you want to call Henry Aaron the king of something, call him the King of Total Bases. He had 6,856 total bases in his career — 700 more than anyone else.

Musial could have hit 350 more doubles and not had as many total bases as Aaron.

Ruth could have hit 250 more home runs and not has as many total bases as Aaron. (Bonds would have needed 220 more homers just to tie Aaron.)

Pete Rose could have cracked another 1,100 singles and not had as many total bases as Aaron.

Admittedly Senate procedural rules are not my specialization, but I don’t understand why Dems can’t eliminate the filibuster on the floor and then pass a “power sharing agreement” of their choosing via majority vote with Kamala Harris breaking the tie.  

The irony is that the holdup on the negotiations now is the filibuster.  And the filibuster is the reason they require a power-sharing agreement...any agreement now is subject to the filibuster.  So eliminate the filibuster and then pass it via majority vote.  Take care of two problems at the same time.

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Jesus . . . is that even real?  I was seven year old.  I remember watching him chase the record the previous summer when I was staying with my Grandparents in Chattanooga.  Skulliy's "a Black Man is getting a standing ovation in the deep south" would have made zero sense to me.  And it wasn't just that I was from St. Louis.  I remember watching the Lester Maddox TV spots and being appalled.  I just assumed that kind of thing was completely marginalized.  I was naive.  

But I also read that Aaron was experiencing tremendous hostility as he approached Ruth's record, and he was actually scared when the fans ran to him as he rounded 2nd base.  So Skully was not wrong.

25 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Jesus . . . is that even real?  I was seven year old.  I remember watching him chase the record the previous summer when I was staying with my Grandparents in Chattanooga.  Skulliy's "a Black Man is getting a standing ovation in the deep south" would have made zero sense to me.  And it wasn't just that I was from St. Louis.  I remember watching the Lester Maddox TV spots and being appalled.  I just assumed that kind of thing was completely marginalized.  I was naive.  

But I also read that Aaron was experiencing tremendous hostility as he approached Ruth's record, and he was actually scared when the fans ran to him as he rounded 2nd base.  So Skully was not wrong.

You can read many of the thousands of letters he received. They range from disgusting to horrifying.

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

What am I attempting to read?

The lawyer is suing to have the courts dissolve Congress AND the Executive Branch, install “Stewards” for each that will govern the country, prohibit Mike Pence and Democratic members of Congress from holding any office, and basically install Trump as a dictator.  Oh, and he wants the court to ban the FBI from arresting him (the lawyer filing the motion).

And, no joke, he cited in the court motion his apparent inspiration...The Lord of the Rings.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Slap Shot (1977) Thread