The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

The judge and the kid? There was so much during those years I can't  honestly say I recall what you're referring to. In my mind you're talking about the four year old immigrant kid having to go in front of a judge. 

I was talking about finishing Blood Meridian on here two days ago. You're obviously not looking for me saying things that don't fit the preconceptions you've formed.

35 minutes ago, Serge said:

56, do you think I'm the one spreading a conspiracy theory right now, by pointing out that Trump is very intentionally starting a conspiracy theory - as he has always done and will do - that is clearly intended to occupy liberal media for the next couple months? This is not 59 D chess. This is a game a human plays with a dog that doesn't have object permanence. 

24 minutes ago, Serge said:

You complained about voting for Biden a **** of a lot more than I did. I complain about stupid narratives because those are things I can correct, although obviously without much in the way of exposure.

21 minutes ago, Serge said:

Haven't y'all ever wondered, if Trump is so intellectually insecure, why does he give Maggie Haberman so much access when she talks about him like he doesn't recognize his own reflection? She talks about him like he's a ******* idiot and he loves her. What's up with that?

14 minutes ago, Serge said:

Btw, it's ******* unfathomable to me that people are saying that we need to be worried that Trump will stage a coup on our government, but we shouldn't worry about Trump doing anything in the meantime to deaden the media impact of staging a real coup, like, I don't know, bull****ting that he was going to try a few times first and letting the media take him at his word every time if that's what they're willing to do.

tenor.gif?itemid=5478685

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

I was talking about finishing Blood Meridian on here two days ago. You're obviously not looking for me saying things that don't fit the preconceptions you've formed.

Yeah man. Lots of people on ABF are saying you know Serge has talked about so much more than Trump and the media. Whatever my name is now is the one who is way off base. Everybody sees it.

35 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I went a year without hugging my mom, you lost your father, and he couldn't go a year without going to a birthday dinner masks off with a lobbyist in the restaurant industry he shut down.

You put yourself in leadership you get judged extra hard. Double so when you put wmpliy the strictest of restrictions on your people.

I can't argue. Political leadership requires dealing with the Devil. I have a very low opinion of Gavin Newsome that I've held before he showed himself to be a hypocrite. But I'm dealing with Mike DeWine, who is a slug somewhere on the meter between Ron DeSantis/Brian Kemp/Greg Abbott/Kay Ivey/etc. (at the bottom of the bottom) and your guy (IMO, near the middle of the bottom). I guess in some cases, "not as horrible as the rest" is a compliment. 

Instead of a ridiculous cash giveaway to people who are vaccinated, I'd be more interested in the opportunity to sit down and tell DeWine and our state representatives in person which rung in **** I hope they one day land.

Just now, JayOzOne said:

I can't argue. Political leadership requires dealing with the Devil. I have a very low opinion of Gavin Newsome that I've held before he showed himself to be a hypocrite. But I'm dealing with Mike DeWine, who is a slug somewhere on the meter between Ron DeSantis/Brian Kemp/Greg Abbott/Kay Ivey/etc. (at the bottom of the bottom) and your guy (IMO, near the middle of the bottom). I guess in some cases, "not as horrible as the rest" is a compliment. 

Instead of a ridiculous cash giveaway to people who are vaccinated, I'd be more interested in the opportunity to sit down and tell DeWine and our state representatives in person which rung in **** I hope they one day land.

I have Kemp. We just now figured out asymptomatic people could spread it even though the CDC is right here.

I'm just slow to call any politician a good man/woman. They're all pieces of **** until proven otherwise. They all start off in a well deserved hole. Some just shallower than others.

1 minute ago, Southern California Liar said:

Yeah man. Lots of people on ABF are saying you know Serge has talked about so much more than Trump and the media. Whatever my name is now is the one who is way off base. Everybody sees it.

Don't speak for everyone when you mean you. You didn't even think to check to see if "the judge and the kid" was in reference to something I'd previously posted before you tried to throw it back at me as some willfully impenetrable reference.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Yeah. Chris Wallace got on a high horse tonight and derided Jake Tapper for saying that he was against giving a voice to election deniers. Wallace thinks that news gatherers shouldn't pick sides.

Wallace can blow it out his ***🍻

I have Kemp. We just now figured out asymptomatic people could spread it even though the CDC is right here.

I'm just slow to call any politician a good man/woman. They're all pieces of **** until proven otherwise. They all start off in a well deserved hole. Some just shallower than others.

LOL. I can't name a good pol. I only worded that post that way because he took a courageous stand. Guess I could have used better language.

And regarding Kemp, I've already determined that I'm never going to travel to the Deep South again. My brothers, sister and in-laws are planning a family vacation in Orlando next Summer and I'm determined now to miss it. There are more states that I'll never visit now than those that I'll consider. If I didn't live in Ohio, it would be on the list.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

Don't speak for everyone when you mean you. You didn't even think to check to see if "the judge and the kid" was in reference to something I'd previously posted before you tried to throw it back at me as some willfully impenetrable reference.

You got me. Nobody else feels that same way. You have been posting about anything else on a regular basis and I just missed it.

Just now, Southern California Liar said:

You got me. Nobody else feels that same way. You have been posting about anything else on a regular basis and I just missed it.

I was talking about a liberal conspiracy theory Trump was starting and within a page you were trying to make it personal. It actually might just be you.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

LOL. I can't name a good pol. I only worded that post that way because he took a courageous stand. Guess I could have used better language.

And regarding Kemp, I've already determined that I'm never going to travel to the Deep South again. My brothers, sister and in-laws are planning a family vacation in Orlando next Summer and I'm determined now to miss it. There are more states that I'll never visit now than those that I'll consider. If I didn't live in Ohio, it would be on the list.

Sooooooo........this actually ties into an argument me and my brother had the other day.

George Floyd wasn't killed here, Elijah Mcclain wasn't killed here, and it keeps going. Both of those happened just about as far as you can get away from my part of the country.

I'm not saying the South isn't up front about it sometimes but continually scapegoating the South seems like an issue. I see what they're doing out in LA and NY and then folks talk about the South.

12 minutes ago, Serge said:

I was talking about a liberal conspiracy theory Trump was starting and within a page you were trying to make it personal. It actually might just be you.

I've always thought you were a good but unique poster but you've become obsessive here in the last several years. It wasn't personal and I'm not the only poster who has said so.

Post away on whatever you want, man. I just think you're going about it wrong with unique perspectives. Your current obsession is something you have absolutely no influence over and its just gonna lead to disappointment over and over in my opinion.  I want to read weird serge opinions on other things besides the media and Donald Trump.

I've always thought you were a good but unique poster but you've become obsessive here in the last several years. It wasn't personal and I'm not the only poster who has said so.

Post away on whatever you want, man. I just think you're going about it wrong with unique perspectives. Your current obsession is something you have absolutely no influence over and its just gonna lead to disappointment over and over in my opinion.  I want to read weird serge opinions on other things besides the media and Dlnald Trump.

Frankly I don't give the slightest **** what you feel about this, you argue with me without reflection and then accuse me of limiting my perspective, as if I'm the one surrounding myself with people who agree with me. Name another poster besides me that'll get into real **** with right-wingers, liberals, and/or progressives depending on the day. I'm not the one "limiting myself" or living in any sort of bubble for expressing a real opinion in a place where most people will disagree with it.

20 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Sooooooo........this actually ties into an argument me and my brother had the other day.

George Floyd wasn't killed here, Elijah Mcclain wasn't killed here, and it keeps going. Both of those happened just about as far as you can get away from my part of the country.

I'm not saying the South isn't up front about it sometimes but continually scapegoating the South seems like an issue. I see what they're doing out in LA and NY and then folks talk about the South.

Oh, don't get me wrong. My problem is with a lot more than the South. If I'm ever forced to drive out west, I'm going to go 300 miles out of my way so I never breathe Missouri air. Or the Dakotas. Or Utah. Or Idaho. Or Arizona. Or Indiana, Iowa, Oklahoma and Nebraska. **** all of 'em.

I already committed to the vacation, BTW, so if I had a Deep South bias, that wouldn't have happened. Besides that, I've got family ties in several southern states. I'm still backing out, though. Thanks to all of the politicians reaching deep to give Spanky political handjobs, I'll just be very selective about where I choose to spend my loot.

Edit: Besides all of that, I even put my own state on the list of places I need to avoid. That's not exactly "scapegoating the south".

8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. My problem is with a lot more than the South. If I'm ever forced to drive out west, I'm going to go 300 miles out of my way so I never breathe Missouri air. Or the Dakotas. Or Utah. Or Idaho. Or Arizona. Or Indiana, Iowa, Oklahoma and Nebraska. **** all of 'em.

I already committed to the vacation, BTW, so if I had a Deep South bias, that wouldn't have happened. Besides that, I've got family ties in several southern states. I'm still backing out, though. Thanks to all of the politicians reaching deep to give Spanky political handjobs, I'll just be very selective about where I choose to spend my loot.

I've come to terms with the fact that I am actually a southerner, will continue to be so,and there are so many aspects of it that I like. 

I mean that **** when I wave at a stranger, or hold open doors, or ask a stranger how they're doing.

The South has problems as the rest of the country does too. Within the next year me and mine could move anywhere we want because of being lucky as **** but we have pretty much decided the South is for us and folks who think like we do leaving the South isn't gonna solve the problem. Gotta work on the problems where you belong and where you are.

1 hour ago, Southern California Liar said:

The covid response thoughts made me have to rethink how every state responded to the pandemic and I'm gonna have to believe that is gonna influence the next election......

Some of y'all like to predict the next Republican candidate and I'm gonna have to kinda jump on @Andrews_31 dark horse pick here and say Larry Hogan. He's definitely Republican but just dangerous enough to capture swing voters. Trump complicates things but that dude is just dangerous enough to move them in a different direction to where they can be a problem for Dems and swing voters.

Until demonstrated otherwise, the GOP is Trump's party. Assuming he's still on this side of the grass, he'll be running in '24. He has no interest in playing kingmaker.

10 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I've come to terms with the fact that I am actually a southerner, will continue to be so,and there are so many aspects of it that I like. 

I mean that **** when I wave at a stranger, or hold open doors, or ask a stranger how they're doing.

The South has problems as the rest of the country does too. Within the next year me and mine could move anywhere we want because of being lucky as **** but we have pretty much decided the South is for us and folks who think like we do leaving the South isn't gonna solve the problem. Gotta work on the problems where you belong and where you are.

Speaking about home, here's a letter from mine:

6 minutes ago, lostone said:

This is gonna get me banned

@Leon Troutsky check out “casu martzu cheese”

only for Leon guys 

I know what that is, but I don't know whether or not it also describes some sort of horrifying sex move, and I'm not going to try to find out.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread