The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

25 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Promising and better

13 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

From 2.3 T to 1 T.  all for bipartisanship that won't mean ****. 

Because they know even doing away with the filibuster they still don't have the reconciliation (51 votes) in the Senate they need.  Our forefathers were smarter than some of you give them credit for thankfully. 

31 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

Years ago I worked at Mars Music by the big chicken.  Behind the guitar wall was a hallway that went the length of the wall.  I spent a great deal of time back there not helping people plug into amps.

One time, at about 8:58pm a guy came in and asked to see one of the guitars that was on the third level of the wall.  I told him no.  He asked why.  I said we were closing in two minutes.  He said "well, you just missed out on a commission".  I said, "No, I didn't.  I get paid by the hour.  Have a good night".

I'm pretty sure 95% of the people who worked there felt nothing but contempt for the customer base. 

The first day I started working at Mars was the best first day of work I've ever had.  The pro-audio guy introduced himself to me when he saw me walk through the doors in the morning.  He asked if I wanted to smoke a bowl.  We went out to his car and smoked a bowl.  I hadn't even clocked in yet.  Once I got settled in I asked my boss what he wanted me to do.  He said "sell stuff, I guess".  I looked around.  There wasn't a single customer in the building.

I spent 5% of my time there in my friends car breaking the law.  I spent about 40% of my time playing Taylors and Martins in the acoustic room.  I spent the rest of the time behind the guitar wall.

I quit one night when the manager asked me to vacuum the floor.  I had an enormous chip on my shoulder at that point in my life so I didn't take well to things like instructions.

Best job I've ever had.

About that $1 trillion infrastructure offer Biden made that people are criticizing, it seems there’s more nuance there…

Capito briefed the other five Senate Republicans in her negotiating group — JOHN BARRASSO (Wyo.), ROY BLUNT (Mo.), MIKE CRAPO (Idaho), PAT TOOMEY (Pa.) and ROGER WICKER (Miss.) — on Wednesday night. Per three people familiar, Biden wants $1 trillion in new spending and is sticking to his guns on corporate tax hikes being part of the pay-fors. (A fourth person familiar tells us that the new money Biden wants would be atop a baseline of $400 billion over five years, if you want to get uber technical. Point is: New money.)

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread
12 hours ago, AF89 said:

Can you imagine the national meltdown if we have conference finals with Utah vs Phoenix and Atlanta vs Milwaukee? As a Philly fan, I wouldn't mind that just to hear Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, Max Greenberg and Nick Wright collectively whine for three weeks about their lack of interest in Finals with no traditionally revered teams.

3 minutes ago, Door Gunner said:

So, what does this mean for her? I can't read the article. 

She can use a Wisconsin law designed to aid victims of trafficking that can potentially legally excuse her actions in killing her accuser if she can link it to her trafficking.  She can present it to a Judge to have the Judge dismiss the chargers, or at least use it at a defense at a jury trial.  The charge carries an automatic life sentence, so her lawyers will try to get some of all of the charges dismissed based on this ruling. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread