The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

12 hours ago, Sturgil Simpson said:

Biden "jokingly" said he'd run over a reporter for asking about Israel bombing Gaza. And you wonder why people like @Corn Pop always give you and trout such a hard time for your preachy attitude. 

tenor.gif

ZOMG, he made a joke -- A JOKE!!!! -- about a question that had nothing to do with the event and policy he was promoting at that specific moment in time.

hE's jUsT LiKe tRuMp!!!!  ZOMG!!!!

A lot of talk about being "insufferable" on the boards the last few months.  This dumb **** is what's actually insufferable.  

If Joe Biden holds an event promoting one of his policies, he gets criticized for it and mocked.

If Joe Biden doesn't hold an event promoting one of his policies, he gets criticized for "hiding" and not being in the public more often.

Literally, people are going to criticize him whatever he does, which makes it hard to take those criticisms seriously.

13 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

It's always been the most ridiculous argument to me. Like, I'm a fairly successful dude - good job, nice house, lovely family, basically no money concerns - and still, I have an alcohol problem in part to escape the horrors of life. You telling me I should judge some homeless person for wanting to do something that will bring him or her a brief respite from a much more dire set of circumstances? FOH. I once walked a homeless dude to the market, bought him a bottle, and then gave him $20 to go get a handy from a prostitute. Godspeed, good sir.

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

If Joe Biden holds an event promoting one of his policies, he gets criticized for it and mocked.

If Joe Biden doesn't hold an event promoting one of his policies, he gets criticized for "hiding" and not being in the public more often.

Literally, people are going to criticize him whatever he does, which makes it hard to take those criticisms seriously.

You're just trying to move the conversation away from how he drove up the price of the wall in early 2020. It's not gonna work. He has to answer for what he did.

17 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

ZOMG, he made a joke -- A JOKE!!!! -- about a question that had nothing to do with the event and policy he was promoting at that specific moment in time.

hE's jUsT LiKe tRuMp!!!!  ZOMG!!!!

A lot of talk about being "insufferable" on the boards the last few months.  This dumb **** is what's actually insufferable.  

A joke about a question about war crimes perpetrated by a country we have overwhelmingly supported, and from whose lobby Biden has taken millions of dollars. Pardon the **** out of me if I find it an offensive and disgusting thing for our president to do. 

Also, he's the ******* president. "oh noes, it was at an event on a different topic!" Who the **** cares, he's the most powerful man in the world, he doesn't get to pick and choose when he might have to handle a difficult question on a pressing issue.

31 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

A joke about a question about war crimes perpetrated by a country we have overwhelmingly supported, and from whose lobby Biden has taken millions of dollars. Pardon the **** out of me if I find it an offensive and disgusting thing for our president to do. 

Also, he's the ******* president. "oh noes, it was at an event on a different topic!" Who the **** cares, he's the most powerful man in the world, he doesn't get to pick and choose when he might have to handle a difficult question on a pressing issue.

WAIT:  Exactly WHAT Lobby are you specifically referring to here.  I suggest you think about your answer and maybe even do some research before answering.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

He's not being criticized for holding the event, he's being criticized for the content of that event, and being glib about a serious question. 

3 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

He's not being criticized for holding the event, he's being criticized for the content of that event, and being glib about a serious question. 

Right. And there’s a way to handle that question if he doesn’t want to answer it at that time, if he felt it was not the appropriate venue. He handled it poorly and is rightfully receiving criticism for it.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread