The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

32 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

In a country full of weird *** politicians it takes a lot to stand out as weird but somehow Yang does it just about every single time he says something.

He's very Beto-esque in that he seemed like a noble challenger in a field of ****heads, and then when not directly opposed to real life bad guys, he sticks his foot in his mouth every chance he gets.  He hasn't had his "**** yeah we'll come to your house and confiscate your guns" moment yet, but I feel like it's coming.

@Gritzblitz 2.0 one of the reasons I haven’t been to Universal in two decades is because I have no interest in the comic book stuff and especially the Harry Potter stuff, which as a self-respecting gen xer I have no knowledge of. Most of my exposure has come from making fun of liberals on Twitter who reference the books/movies.

One of the recent developments I’ve enjoyed is zoomers roasting millennials for being too into Harry Potter.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=gen+z+millenials+harry+potter

10 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 one of the reasons I haven’t been to Universal in two decades is because I have no interest in the comic book stuff and especially the Harry Potter stuff, which as a self-respecting gen xer I have no knowledge of. Most of my exposure has come from making fun of liberals on Twitter who reference the books/movies.

One of the recent developments I’ve enjoyed is zoomers roasting millennials for being too into Harry Potter.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=gen+z+millennials+harry+potter

My kids dig Harry Potter, but they're 8 and 11, so I'm betting they fall off pretty quick.

I pride myself on being a millennial who never read a book or watched a movie... I legit only know 1 thing about it... Dobby was a free elf.

Anime and Harry Potter were things that became really popular in my late middle school to early high school years. Neither of them ever had any appeal to me. I’ve seen the Harry Potter movies on TV but never watched one from beginning to end and never read any of the books. My brother was really into anime so I've seen em but I don't think I can even say I've watched one from beginning to end either.

9 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Anime and Harry Potter were things that became really popular in my late middle school to early high school years. Neither of them ever had any appeal to me. I’ve seen the Harry Potter movies on TV but never watched one from beginning to end and never read any of the books. My brother was really into anime so I've seen em but I don't think I can even say I've watched one from beginning to end either.

I don't understand Anime. I have a hard time watching cartoons geared towards adults, let alone Japanese Cartoons geared towards teenage boys...

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Corn Pop said:

I meant to address this last night, but I gotta say bruh, who tf do you think you're talking to?

Picking that angle to try to come at me on this issue is the last approach you should've taken.

Scroll back in the archive here about 6 or 7 years and see who was the main person who made posting about law enforcement shooting black people a thing on this board, then move forward a little and you'll recall who it was posting about BLM activists being surveilled by government agencies and repeatedly turning up dead under mysterious circumstances.

Then think about who it was who while Dem voters spent the better part of three years venerating the FBI, was in here posting about their long history of surveillance and assassination of black activists, which always caused HM to squeal "WHAT IS UR AGENDA?" at me. And who was it here who kept posting about "Judas and The Black Messiah"?

Now look back at the first two months of this year, when people kept running around screaming "DOMESTIC TERRORISM!!" and folks got mad at me because I said "hey guys, maybe you should tone down the language a little because the government could use this opportunity to increase it's powers and limit civil liberties, and law enforcement will then direct that at my leftist allies."

Get bothered by what I post all you want, but remember who you're talking to, playboy.

tenor.gif

We’re talking to the guy who’s only consistency is undermining democratic institutions and defending anything or anyone who is a threat to the Authoritarian branch (which is the trunk these days)  of the Republican party.

Edited by Negative-Nancy

27 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

My kids dig Harry Potter, but they're 8 and 11, so I'm betting they fall off pretty quick.

I pride myself on being a millennial who never read a book or watched a movie... I legit only know 1 thing about it... Dobby was a free elf.

I don't know **** about Harry Potter and I feel I'm better off not having any clues

12 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I don't understand Anime. I have a hard time watching cartoons geared towards adults, let alone Japanese Cartoons geared towards teenage boys...

My daughter watches anime all day and listens to whatever music that is. I think I failed as a father to that one because she barely knows Bugs Bunny

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I don't know **** about Harry Potter and I feel I'm better off not having any clues

My son likes to read, he rips through at least a couple of books a week. Harry Potter was bound to make it's way in. Plus, he loves Legos, and any of the stuff with Lego sets perks his ears up.

My daughter just started reading for fun, and she's raiding her brothers book shelf. Harry Potter was first. Same situation with the legos.

9 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

My son likes to read, he rips through at least a couple of books a week. Harry Potter was bound to make it's way in. Plus, he loves Legos, and any of the stuff with Lego sets perks his ears up.

My daughter just started reading for fun, and she's raiding her brothers book shelf. Harry Potter was first. Same situation with the legos.

That type of sci Fi has never touched this house. That, star wars, star trek, none of that. I'll take the anime over that any day lol

7 minutes ago, Negative-Nancy said:

We’re talking to the guy he’s only consistency is undermining democratic institutions and defending anything or anyone who is a threat to the Authoritarian branch (which is the trunk these days)  of the Republican party.

uSIvK2l.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I sear them, helps lock in the moisture.

It actually doesn't keep the moisture in.

That is one of those cooking this that always seems to prevail but it is not true.

Searing does make it more flavorful thanks to the Millard reaction.

So yeah I sear most of my roasts.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread