The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

29 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

So didn’t it turn out that everybody who died at the capitol on January 6th died of natural causes, except for that one lady who got shot by the cop?

The media spread the lie about the one cop getting his head bashed by a fire extinguisher. The media also eventually revealed that the guy with the zip ties just picked them up after a cop dropped them.

So I feel vindicated in not taking January 6th as seriously as some people. I had to read all the pearl clutching about how it was supposed to be a coup attempt but the so-called insurrectionists didn’t even fire a single shot. It was basically just a bunch of financially distressed middle aged white guys doing a flash mob at the capitol. 

So I stand by my return post:

KfyTp8C.jpg

The fact that the media has to emphasize that deaths did in fact occur even though the people there didn't kill anyone makes the media's portrayal seem fundamentally dishonest before you even start asking how the FBI wasn't able to prevent 1/6 given that they'd infiltrated every major group involved and all the social media they were using to communicate with each other. If any of that kind of stuff ever got out, it would blow up on all Trump's enemies in the government and the media. 

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Wait did anyone tell cornpop about that really weird Saturday night on ABF a few weeks back?

Just a quick aside before we get back to it but I wanna hear about this at some point

7 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

flash mob
/ˈflaSH ˌmäb/

noun

a large public gathering at which people perform an unusual or seemingly random act and then disperse, typically organized by means of the internet or social media

~~~~~~~~ 

This sounds accurate to me. They didn’t lay siege to the capitol or attempt to take occupancy there.

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insurrection

8 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Just a quick aside before we get back to it but I wanna hear about this at some point

I feel bad for the guy cause he was clearly not in a good head space that night so out of respect i wont do anything that tags him but what started as a post UFC fight evening debate got weird

On 4/25/2021 at 1:34 AM, AF89 said:

Heh

Start directly after this post

Now you know where Jpowers got his new name

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I feel bad for the guy cause he was clearly not in a good head space that night so out of respect i wont do anything that tags him but what started as a post UFC fight evening debate got weird

Start directly after this post

Oh and go to the next page for the follow up

6 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Random huh?

I seem to remember a certain somebody inviting them there after riling them up for weeks and weeks and weeks.

This very forum is where I learned that flash mobs were a thing. Back in the early 2010s that one weird high school kid who thought he had football scouting credentials told me about them. I think his name was Zodiac?

But anyway yea it’s not that random, somebody obviously has to organize the flash mob or else everybody won’t know when and where to show up to one particular spot and annoy retail workers and the general public or whatever.

I haven’t heard about flash mobs in recent years so hopefully it’s a fad that’s been relegated to the previous decade, like planking and Tebowing.

Come on guys you're overreacting. It was a bunch of angry white people storming that capitol. It was a joke. It was a flash mob invited there by the President of the United States. Its funny if you think about it.

Could black people have done the same thing?

Absolutely ******* not. They would have died there in the street.

Tell me how it's not a big deal and why I should just laugh it off and move on then. Put that **** into words. Not tweets. I want words.

I’m pretty sure if I did the same thing with a few hundred black folks I would have been gunned down.  

With the republican legislations clearly just trying to make sure they win no matter who is there... they should do what they used to and make us have no choice before the vote rather than afterwards 

You know in a vacuum I think the seizure of powerful institutions is perfectly justifiable...still doesn't mean I wont point out the hypocrisy and ill considered reasons of the MAGA crowd tho. Especially when thier idea of revolution is far more reactionary than revolutionary

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

I’m pretty sure if I did the same thing with a few hundred black folks I would have been gunned down.  

With the republican legislations clearly just trying to make sure they win no matter who is there... they should do what they used to and make us have no choice before the vote rather than afterwards 

But its just a joke of an insurrection and we should move on because they were just angry white people. Its funny if you think about it.

16 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Come on guys you're overreacting. It was a bunch of angry white people storming that capitol. It was a joke. It was a flash mob invited there by the President of the United States. Its funny if you think about it.

Could black people have done the same thing?

Absolutely ******* not. They would have died there in the street.

Tell me how it's not a big deal and why I should just laugh it off and move on then. Put that **** into words. Not tweets. I want words.

Yeah sorry man but I just can’t take January 6th that seriously. 

One of the big divides between me and you guys is that I won’t do the lesser evils thing. 

The other big area is how you guys frame the parties. One of the ongoing themes here is that Republicans are straight lawless thugs who are on the verge of establishing a dictatorship, while Democrats are feckless over-compromising p*ssies. I agree more with the board on the latter rather than the former. My biggest political concern is the general worthlessness of the Democratic Party. I’m just not as afraid of the right wing as some of y’all.

One thing I can appreciate tho is some of your guys’ concerns about implications for leftist activists and protesters.

In the past year or so  I’ve been moving further towards largely giving up on electoral politics and focusing more on direct action in order to produce the societal changes that I want.

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Wait did anyone tell cornpop about that really weird Saturday night on ABF a few weeks back?

I missed that one too. That was the night I went to the UFC in Jacksonville and got piss drunk.

While I don't completely agree with @Corn Popabout 1/6, we totally agree about Duval.

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

The other thing is how you guys view the parties. One of the ongoing themes here is that Republicans are straight lawless thugs who are on the verge of establishing a dictatorship, while Democrats are feckless over-compromising p*ssies. I agree more with the board on the latter rather than the former.

Republican states have loudly spent the post-1/6 state legislative sessions passing voter suppression laws aimed directly at suppressing minority and poor voting. 

Democrats are cowards, but republicans will always be more evil 

2 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

One of the big divides between me and you guys is that I won’t do the lesser evils thing. 

The other big area is how you guys frame the parties. One of the ongoing themes here is that Republicans are straight lawless thugs who are on the verge of establishing a dictatorship, while Democrats are feckless over-compromising p*ssies. I agree more with the board on the latter rather than the former. My biggest political concern is the general worthlessness of the Democratic Party. I’m just not as afraid of the right wing as some of y’all.

One thing I can appreciate tho is some of your guys’ concerns about implications for leftist activists and protesters.

In the year or so  I’ve been moving further towards largely giving up on electoral politics and focusing more on direct action in order to produce the societal changes that I want.

Yeah I noticed you haven't spoke on voter suppression  laws. I mean it's happening right here.

You choose to **** on Democrats when they aren't in power, you **** on them when they are in power, and you just avoid talking about Republicans actively ****ting on voters rights right here in your own state.

Your thoughts? You seem to have chosen a greater evil which you attack on the regular. 

3 hours ago, AF89 said:

My 17 year old brother gets up to absolutely no good in East Florida. Ill be shocked if im not an uncle this time next year

Don't worry, @WOR ain't getting any @ss. I ain't ready to be a grandpa either.

I'll **** on Joe Biden and centrists all day. I have done so just today.

I've stated that protecting voters rights should be number one on the Democrats list and they're failing every single day. I don't think its gonna get passed to be honest.

But to just ignore Republicans attacks on voters rights while also saying you think Trump could win in '24 seems insane to me.

Republicans are actively attacking voting rights and Democrats aren't doing enough to protect it......I'm gonna go after the Republicans and the Dems who aren't doing enough to protect em.

Yeah I'm not wild about the political party thats both constitutionally and institutionally locked in with the advantage seems heIl bent on becoming a weird violently ethonationialist caricature out of a bad Purge script either

I mean right now the dream seems to be something like whats happening in Israel where those who don't fit the plan are disenfranchised and left vulnerable to the militant wings 

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Yeah I don't like that the political party thats both constitutionally and institutionally locked in with the advantage seems heIl bent on becoming a weird violently ethonationialist caricature out of a bad Purge script either

I mean right now the dream seems to be something like whats happening in Israel where those who don't fit the plan are disenfranchised and left vulnerable to the militant wings 

Republicans would absolutely create a giant Gaza in Washington State or some other blue state where Kushner let people die of Covid if they could. Probably in my grandkid’s lifetimes, assuming global warming hasn’t killed us all. 

Speaking of Israel, you know who supports it the most and the most loudly? Republicans. Trump loved him some Israel, despite the fact he views the Jewish people as lesser. 

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

So all my settings in MLB got reset or something i dunno. Anyway long story short I'm searching twitter keywords to see if this is cause of an update or something and i came across this gem i share with yall

@Gritzblitz 2.0

@Sponge

Got dam that dude went night night.  Put your hands up

43 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

In the past year or so  I’ve been moving further towards largely giving up on electoral politics and focusing more on direct action in order to produce the societal changes that I want.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:49 PM, Serge said:

If Trump wins in 2024, I will **** right in the middle of 85S before I ever vote for another liberal.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread