The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

Sigh... we gonna keep killing brown people and continue to be okay with apartheid round 2.  Somehow I know someone is gonna tell me that the situation in Gaza is unlike what happens in South Africa...

14 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

So didn’t it turn out that everybody who died at the capitol on January 6th died of natural causes, except for that one lady who got shot by the cop?

The media spread the lie about the one cop getting his head bashed by a fire extinguisher. The media also eventually revealed that the guy with the zip ties just picked them up after a cop dropped them.

So I feel vindicated in not taking January 6th as seriously as some people. I had to read all the pearl clutching about how it was supposed to be a coup attempt but the so-called insurrectionists didn’t even fire a single shot. It was basically just a bunch of financially distressed middle aged white guys doing a flash mob at the capitol. 

So I stand by my return post:

KfyTp8C.jpg

I mean, it was still not great and something like 70% of Republicans think Biden wasn’t legitimately elected, which is what Qanon has mostly morphed into. 

Liz Cheney sucks though. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I mean, it was still not great and something like 70% of Republicans think Biden wasn’t legitimately elected, which is what Qanon has mostly morphed into. 

Liz Cheney sucks though. 

Calling it an attempted coup made me get offended on behalf of all people of the Global South who’ve suffered actual coups at our hands. You need the backing of military and capital to stage an actual coup. What we saw on January 6th was a pathetically impotent display.

Essentially the whole thing to me is still just literally the most insecure man on the face of the planet trying to save face after he got beat by a doddering old man who spent the year in his basement.

All that being said, I wouldn’t bet against him retaking the White House in 2024. 

The POTUS invited a bunch of folks he had been gas lighting for several months to Washington and then gas lit them some more told them where to go and then the 6th happened. Flash mob my ***.

It's a big deal no matter how much anyone tries to dismiss it as just funny as ****. That's just stupid. Haha it was just a flash mob of angry white people who took over the capitol. No big deal. 

Yall remember the flash mob of any other race who took over a state capitol much less the actual capitol of the country that didn't end up in mass death?

The 6th though........just lol.

27 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

So didn’t it turn out that everybody who died at the capitol on January 6th died of natural causes, except for that one lady who got shot by the cop?

The media spread the lie about the one cop getting his head bashed by a fire extinguisher. The media also eventually revealed that the guy with the zip ties just picked them up after a cop dropped them.

So I feel vindicated in not taking January 6th as seriously as some people. I had to read all the pearl clutching about how it was supposed to be a coup attempt but the so-called insurrectionists didn’t even fire a single shot. It was basically just a bunch of financially distressed middle aged white guys doing a flash mob at the capitol. 

So I stand by my return post:

KfyTp8C.jpg

Eh those deaths didn't happen in a vacuum. Feels little bit like "suspect died of preexisting natural conditions while cops just happen to be sitting on them" lines of argument.

As for lady who got by the Capitol security I made my opinion known the night of January 6th. It kinda feels like she got murdered for property damage.

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

Calling it an attempted coup made me get offended on behalf of all people of the Global South who suffered actual coups at at our hands. You need the backing of military and capital to stage an actual coup. What we saw on January 6th was a pathetically impotent display. The whole thing to me is still just literally the most insecure man on the face of the planet trying to save face after he got beat by a doddering old man who spent the year in his basement.

All that being said, I wouldn’t bet against him retaking the White House in 2024. 

It wasn’t an attempted coup, it was an attempted insurrection. No one can use words right anymore, Republicans call Biden a communist that’s soft on Israel and brain wormed liberals call Trump Hitler and 1/6 a coup.

Everybody is dumb now. 

Just now, Corn Pop said:

Didn’t it come out that some Republican congressman was hiding in the toilet armed with an antique sword lol?

That part was funny, and it was even funnier because Kevin McCarthy’s security detail left him in the office by himself. 

The brown haired Qanon was live tweeting the locations of congress while it was going on. 

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I'd still like to know more about that Antifa guy Trump bragged about assassinating but I suspect we'll never hear about that again

This is gonna be one of those “agree to disagree” type deals for me and you guys, but my only real lasting concern from the whole affair is worrying about new potential domestic terrorism legislation and funding that we all know law enforcement will just direct at leftist protesters and activists.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

It wasn’t an attempted coup, it was an attempted insurrection. No one can use words right anymore, Republicans call Biden a communist that’s soft on Israel and brain wormed liberals call Trump Hitler and 1/6 a coup.

Everybody is dumb now. 

Coup or insurrection didnt matter to me. I just didn't like everyone declaring "this is terrorism" cause while technically true in a black and white sense (they were trying to scare a legislative body into getting thier way) it really cheapens the threat of actual white domestic terrorism and plays into conservative narratives that BLM or Anti facist demonstrations that get violent are terrorism

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

That part was funny, and it was even funnier because Kevin McCarthy’s security detail left him in the office by himself. 

The brown haired Qanon was live tweeting the locations of congress while it was going on. 

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I don't know man. Calling that just a flash mob bugs the **** out of me.

If black folks did it they would have been gunned down right there.

But because it was white folks it is basically just a flash mob and we should just move on and consider it funny?

The ****?

Did the one guy tasing his balls til he died turn out to be fake news or did that really happen?

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

Did the one guy tasing his balls til he died turn out to be fake news or did that really happen?

I can’t remember. Greenwald keeps lying about none of them being on Parler and that they were all financially-strapped. 

flash mob
/ˈflaSH ˌmäb/

noun

a large public gathering at which people perform an unusual or seemingly random act and then disperse, typically organized by means of the internet or social media

~~~~~~~~ 

This sounds accurate to me. They didn’t lay siege to the capitol or attempt to take occupancy there.

4 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

flash mob
/ˈflaSH ˌmäb/

noun

a large public gathering at which people perform an unusual or seemingly random act and then disperse, typically organized by means of the internet or social media

~~~~~~~~ 

This sounds accurate to me. They didn’t lay siege to the capitol or attempt to take occupancy there.

Random huh?

I seem to remember a certain somebody inviting them there after riling them up for weeks and weeks and weeks.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread