The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

1 minute ago, Southern California Liar said:

I just want gas. I'll take whatever.

Y'all are basically talking about different types of bread in front of a starving man.

I'll trade Cookout for y'all RaceTrac

1 hour ago, Corn Pop said:

The highs were in the 60s and 70s when we went so I didn’t mind the masks as much as I thought I would.

At Animal Kingdom I recommend planning to ride Flight of Avatar twice. It’s the best theme park ride of all time.

Also they finally brought back the live action Lion King performance just last week. Your kid should really enjoy that and the new Mickey’s Runaway Train at Hollywood Studios.

I plan out my theme park trips out like I’m planning out the invasion of Normandy so if you need any tips lemme know.

These are good resources:

https://www.instagram.com/wdwnt

twitter.com/wdwnt

We booked through a Disney agent and supposedly got all the inside tips and best order to do things in the park. 

We did Disney Springs tonight and it's a ****show. Only one entrance to every shop and half the people are morbidly obese rolling around in scooters. I waited half an hour to get into a store like it was Soviet Russia.

I got a bottle of Buffalo Trace back in the room that I'm going to crack open. 

For the record though I'm as far north as my groups territory goes and the folks in bum **** nowhere are doing great. Just pouring gas out in the streets while I'm having to be all strategic with my ventures out into the world to get gas.

I'm two sitting in line and the attendant walks the forty cars away to say "ain't happening bro" and two failed trips because gas buddy tracker said they had gas but they didn't trips out.

I'm down to 30 miles in the tank and only 5 gas stations I can go to and come back if it fails. 

I'm cutting it down to the Circle K two miles away or the **** just ain't happening with me going to work tomorrow.

My manager is good dude but I have never wanted to slap a dude harder than I have him these last couple of days.

Email from yesterday:

"If you see a gas station that has gas stop in and get gas. If you don't, get gas tomorrow."

Oh **** problem solved yall!!!!!

Message today:

If you run out of gas call the fleet management company  and they will bring you gas.

Enough to get to ******* where? The ******* gas station that doesn't have any ******* gas?

5 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

For the record though I'm as far north as my groups territory goes and the folks in bum **** nowhere are doing great. Just pouring gas out in the streets while I'm having to be all strategic with my ventures out into the world to get gas.

I'm two sitting in line and the attendant walks the forty cars away to say "ain't happening bro" and two failed trips because gas buddy tracker said they had gas but they didn't trips out.

I'm down to 30 miles in the tank and only 5 gas stations I can go to and come back if it fails. 

I'm cutting it down to the Circle K two miles away or the **** just ain't happening with me going to work tomorrow.

Hope you find some, but situation looks like it is getting worse. 

Pipeline is restarted, but it will still be a couple days before things start to get reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Hope you find some, but situation looks like it is getting worse. 

Pipeline is restarted, but it will still be a couple days before things start to get reasonable. 

Honestly I've already accepted it. I'm just gonna enjoy my unexpected while not being sick days off.

I'm definitely not gonna sit in those lines again where I have to visually see that civilized society is a thinly veiled mirage. Costco kept that **** in line but the Pit Stop just let them folks run wild and there were like five times before they told me they ran out that I thought I was gonna have to yell "World Star" before **** got real.

5 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Honestly I've already accepted it. I'm just gonna enjoy my unexpected while not being sick days off.

I'm definitely not gonna sit in those lines again where I have to visually see that civilized society is a thinly veiled mirage. Costco kept that **** in line but the Pit Stop just let them folks run wild and there were like five times before they told me they ran out that I thought I was gonna have to yell "World Star" before **** got real.

When you do decide to go back out, I'd check the time that a station was reported to have gas. GasBuddy is user reported. Better than nothing, but if it is more than a few hours old, it will probably be outdated. 

3 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

When you do decide to go back out, I'd check the time that a station was reported to have gas. GasBuddy is user reported. Better than nothing, but if it is more than a few hours old, it will probably be outdated. 

I'm gonna get up at 6, give it until about 8 while watching gasbuddy, and if it ain't happened by then I'm gonna clock out and enjoy the rest of my day while turning the work phone off and not giving a single **** what happens after that. 

Work and a gas shortage aren't gonna have a single thing to do with me after I clock out. Did that today and it ain't happening tomorrow. Once I clock out tomorrow I don't give a single **** about gas.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

All this talk about gas. Will it kill anything if I go from Mid to Regular? My car can use flex fuel too but I ain't driving all the way to Newnan for that

using fuel with a lower compression ratio than designed means you might experience engine knocking (premature ignition of the fuel/air mixture). this can damage your engine. 

using fuel with a higher compression ratio than designed generally means you lose some fuel efficiency from unburnt fuel

Cryptocurrency is one of the worst inventions of the 21st century. I am ashamed to share an industry with this exploitative grift. It has failed to be a useful currency, invented a new class of internet abuse, further enriched the rich, wasted staggering amounts of electricity, hastened climate change, ruined hundreds of otherwise promising projects, provided a climate for hundreds of scams to flourish, created shortages and price hikes for consumer hardware, and injected perverse incentives into technology everywhere. **** cryptocurrency.

https://drewdevault.com/2021/04/26/Cryptocurrency-is-a-disaster.html

16 minutes ago, achilles return said:

using fuel with a lower compression ratio than designed means you might experience engine knocking (premature ignition of the fuel/air mixture). this can damage your engine. 

using fuel with a higher compression ratio than designed generally means you lose some fuel efficiency from unburnt fuel

Compression Ratio is determined by the engine, not the fuel. It's how much the engine squeezes the air and fuel. So, 10:1 is like sucking in 10 boxes of fuel and squeezing it into a space where 1 box of fuel would normally fit. 

To your point, lower octane fuel does detonate quicker, uncontrolled burn. With that said, all cars detonate at various points. Just the nature of shoving a flammable liquid into a 500* chamber. Unless you're getting MAJOR knock, the type you can hear, it won't hurt. Now, if you can hear it (sounds like a flutter or a bag of popcorn being popped), and you can hear it consistently, you need to investigate. 

Knock happens. I can make it happen in the WRX. Sometimes it's actually knock, sometimes it's the sensor picking up perceived knock, sometimes it's the AC clutch kicking on, etc. The ECU treats it all the same and pulls timing. Which stops the knock.

With THAT said, if the car is built for 87, adding 93 won't hurt fuel economy or anything for that matter. 93 will burn a bit more efficiently, but it isn't going to create more power. 89 won't burn as efficiently, but that's accounted for by the ECU.

Either way, there's unburnt fuel. That's what catalytic converters are for.

My favorite is when Sportscenter does the highlights for the Hawks games and it's like 2 mins of the other team putting on a show and then like "anyway Hawks won 120-116" with the same energy as anyway heres Wonderwall

Someone tell me this isn't real. WTH I am about to get pissed.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/12/politics/colonial-pipeline-ransomware-payment/index.html

New details emerging about decision to shut pipeline

Meanwhile, new details are emerging about Colonial's decision to proactively shut down its pipeline last week, a move that has led to panic buying and massive lines at the gas pump.
The company halted operations because its billing system was compromised, three people briefed on the matter told CNN, and they were concerned they wouldn't be able to figure out how much to bill customers for fuel they received.

One person familiar with the response said the billing system is central to the unfettered operation of the pipeline. That is part of the reason getting it back up and running has taken time, this person said.
Asked about whether the shutdown was prompted by concerns about payment, the company spokesperson said, "In response to the cybersecurity attack on our system, we proactively took certain systems offline to contain the threat, which temporarily halted all pipeline operations, and affected some of our IT systems."
At this time, there is no evidence that the company's operational technology systems were compromised by the attackers, the spokesperson added.
The Colonial spokesperson said that it will not be commenting on the ransom "at this time," citing the ongoing investigation. But ransom demands are typically running between 1-3% of a company's gross revenue and usually negotiated to 1-2%, according to a source familiar with recent trends in ransomware payments.

So the pipeline was never compromised. Just the ******* Billing system. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread