Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

I just saw this ********.  That was a helmet-to-helmet hit.  Whoever the coaches are need to be careful laughing about that **** because in the ATL, somebody (a parent) would've gone to their trunk........ 

Dam sho would have. The org put out a tweet saying this is not what they are about. They didn't say anything about these guys being punished. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Monarch said:

With full knowledge this will elicit a dirty joke, how ... how did she fit it in?  The nozzles are different sized for just that reason.

Gas nozzles are the nozzles that are to large for diesels. Diesel in a gas tank ***** **** up, gas in a diesel goes boom. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Door Gunner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I didn’t. I bailed after 2 episodes. Should I catch up by binging?

 

Mayans has never been as good as the first two seasons of SOA, nor has it ever been as bad as the last two seasons of SOA. 

I don’t regret binging the whole season over the past week, but then again there’s almost nothing on tv that I watch anymore. Edward James Olmos plays a great sad sack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

The show has overwritten so much of my knowledge and enthusiasm for the world of ASOIAF anyway I'd almost certainly have to reread it a 3rd time if  WoW ever came out...which im probably not going to do. My TBR list is already overfilled with books that actually have a chance of going somewhere and didn't have a tv show spoil for me

I’d reread them all if the last two books got released simultaneously. I wouldn’t do a reread for just the next to last book, though.

I never even finished that big World of Ice and Fire coffee table book that came out like five years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

All of them. Today is a pool day at the resort, then Hollywood, Animal, Epcot, and Magic the next 4 days. 

I'm more excited for Hollywood and the Star Wars rides than my kid. 

Prepare yourself for potential disappointment because even if you do everything you’re supposed to and get on the app right at 7:00am and 1:00pm, there’s still a good chance you won’t get to ride Rise of the Resistance.
 

Log into the app at like 6:50am and then have your thumb hovering over the button at 6:59am. If you don’t get in then, then try again at 1:00pm.

Also we’ve ridden the Millennium Falcon ride 4 times over the past two years and we’ve both gotten assigned the boring “engineer” role every single time rather than the more exciting jobs of “pilot” or “gunner.” The fourth and final time we refused to do our engineer tasks out of spite and just sat there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Way back when I was a warehorse supervisor I had to deal with those underpaid nitwits putting gas in the diesel truck at least once a year. I fired none of them. Because finding a person who would take weekly trips to farmington/Durango and then Roswell and ruidoso and be okay with getting sent home early on a Tuesday because no ot for $9.50 an hr was definitely a challenge. 
 

I just broke my brain writing that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Prepare yourself for potential disappointment because even if you do everything you’re supposed to and get on the app right at 7:00am and 1:00pm, there’s still a good chance you won’t get to ride Rise of the Resistance.
 

Log into the app at like 6:50am and then have your thumb hovering over the button at 6:59am. If you don’t get in then, then try again at 1:00pm.

Also we’ve ridden the Millennium Falcon ride 4 times over the past two years and we’ve both gotten assigned the boring “engineer” role every single time rather than the more exciting jobs of “pilot” or “gunner.” The fourth and final time we refused to do our engineer tasks out of spite and just sat there.

I'm sure that's going to be the case. So far just getting to sit down at a place to eat has been a knife fight. Plus wearing a mask everywhere outside is not helping my mood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I've seen reports since starting and of course before. I can confirm that some reports should not be made. Won't go into detail about any but I haven't seen a legit one yet 

You must not of gotten my report regarding a certain someone saying a certain something about a certain someone who negged them into oblivion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Door Gunner said:

Gas nozzles are the nozzles that are to large for diesels. Diesel in a gas tank ***** **** up, gas in a diesel goes boom. I could be wrong though.

Typically, the gas and diesel don't do a good job at mixing, so you just end up with a super soggy engine that won't run at all...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Rivalscentral is like bizarro ABF. Basically everybody there votes Republican.

I think Mashburn might’ve been at the Capitol on January 6.

MV5BNDAxODE0NDUtNjA0Ny00MWY3LTg1NWEtNWQ5

We should go raid them. Like a political panty raid of sorts...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm sure that's going to be the case. So far just getting to sit down at a place to eat has been a knife fight. Plus wearing a mask everywhere outside is not helping my mood.


The highs were in the 60s and 70s when we went so I didn’t mind the masks as much as I thought I would.

At Animal Kingdom I recommend planning to ride Flight of Avatar twice. It’s the best theme park ride of all time.
 

Also they finally brought back the live action Lion King performance just last week. Your kid should really enjoy that and the new Mickey’s Runaway Train at Hollywood Studios.


I plan out my theme park trips out like I’m planning out the invasion of Normandy so if you need any tips lemme know.

These are good resources:

https://www.instagram.com/wdwnt

twitter.com/wdwnt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Typically, the gas and diesel don't do a good job at mixing, so you just end up with a super soggy engine that won't run at all...

I've never witnessed what happens myself but my understanding was that if the heat from the compression ignited the gas it was a very very bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

You must not of gotten my report regarding a certain someone saying a certain something about a certain someone who negged them into oblivion.

I wasn't on duty at the time lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Door Gunner said:

I've never witnessed what happens myself but my understanding was that if the heat from the compression ignited the gas it was a very very bad.

Yeah, gasoline shouldn't burn due to compression alone. You really do need a spark in order for it to happen. Gasoline is intentionally formulated that way.

 

*IN THEORY*, the combustion chamber could contain enough diesel to ignite gasoline that is mixed in, and that would be bad.

In Practice, diesel is "thicker" than gasoline, and it tends to stay a bit separated, similar to water and oil. It's super unlikely that you would actually get the proper mix to burn.

 

Put it this way, I was a diesel tech for YEARS, and had numerous call out for someone dropping gas in a diesel and I never saw it, or heard of any instances where it caused a major issue outside of basically hydrolocking the engine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Dang... Well don't you worry, I'm keeping my ear to these streets and will report ANY and EVERY thing that I think should be reported.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sike.... I ain't no snitch.

 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761195972afe731d1ded6f

🤣 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

The butterfly house at Callaway is essentually a green house and that is the only time I have had an issue wearing a mask. It ******* sucked.

You should hit fantasy in lights this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...