The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

3 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

There might be a lag in the data but according to Google's covid tracker the state of Georgia had 448 Covid cases yesterday and one death.

It's really remarkable to see what the Biden Administration has managed to do in such a short amount of time.

Don’t make too much of that one death.  For some reason Georgia and some other states go through cycles where they will have 0 or 1 death that day, then a higher number the next few days, then another day like that.  I don’t know if it’s delayed reporting or what, but better to watch the 7 day moving average.  That average is still declining — down 30% over the past 14 days — so it’s still good news!

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Being used to it is pretty much it. I don't even remember I have mine on until I burp. At my job they're still required but they don't care. While others walk around free, I'll be the one who gets in trouble. So it is what it is

My brother-in-law laughs when he talks about how everybody at his workplace and his church have had it except him. He began to covertly embrace Trumpism a few years ago after (in his mind) the ACA destroyed his job's "Cadillac" healthcare plan. He didn't want to believe me when I told him his healthcare plan didn't qualify as a Cadillac plan but his company (UPS) used that excuse to price the union out of what was still a robust plan. He hate Obama to this day.

He said that he's never worried about COVID-19 since he is reasonably healthy (at age 50) but clearly, neither he, his coworkers nor his fellow parishioners give less than one **** about the people they potentially infect. I don't talk to him anymore because he's too far to the right.

Just now, JayOzOne said:

My brother-in-law laughs when he talks about how everybody at his workplace and his church have had it except him. He began to covertly embrace Trumpism a few years ago after (in his mind) the ACA destroyed his job's "Cadillac" healthcare plan. He didn't want to believe me when I told him his healthcare plan didn't qualify as a Cadillac plan but his company (UPS) used that excuse to price the union out of what was still a robust plan. He hate Obama to this day.

He said that he's never worried about COVID-19 since he is reasonably healthy (at age 50) but clearly, neither he, his coworkers nor his fellow parishioners give less than one **** about the people they potentially infect. I don't talk to him anymore because he's too far to the right.

My co workers aren't far right, they just simply don't care. One of my female buddies who kept saying she didn't want it, never wore her mask, low and behold she tested positive 2 Fridays ago. I called her to check on her and she told me she was down bad for the first few days. 

I'll keep wearing mine until the guidelines say not to. I got in trouble for accidentally leaving an ear bud in once while everyone else gets away with murder.  Don't plan on being the one they make a big deal out of because of a mask. 

23 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I don't know the situation in Atlanta, but in Savannah we get much of our fuel from the ports. A good friend of mine on the logistics end told me that there's currently no change in the supply here. But there are still going to be shortages because of hoarding and panic buying. 

People are dumb.

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I don't know the situation in Atlanta, but in Savannah we get much of our fuel from the ports. A good friend of mine on the logistics end told me that there's currently no change in the supply here. But there are still going to be shortages because of hoarding and panic buying. 

People are dumb.

I didn't miss a single hour of work because of the pandemic but I have until lunch tomorrow by my best estimation to either get some gas in the work truck or come home.

I figure tomorrow will be easier though because there are only so many **** vehicles,you can only put so much gas in gas cans, and enough of the idiots got the panic out of their system.

27 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

People are dumb.

Yep. I just read that demand jumped 20% from last week. 

States who have easier access to the source for the Pipeline( Louisiana) are having less of a shortage issue. This is like 80% Panic buying and hoarding problem. 

36 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Yep. I just read that demand jumped 20% from last week. 

States who have easier access to the source for the Pipeline( Louisiana) are having less of a shortage issue. This is like 80% Panic buying and hoarding problem. 

Am I the only person here who can't find gas? 8 gas stations and only Costco wasn't sold out.

13 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Am I the only person here who can't find gas? 8 gas stations and only Costco wasn't sold out.

I filled up Monday evening at Costco. I knew my light was on, so I had to go. 

11 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I'd love to see the breakdown of the 6.9% based off of median income and housing.

Because I'm feeling like maybe the upper middle class Karens and Kens are making this a whole lot worse in my little part of the world.

That is all of Georgia at 5pm. Metro Atlanta is MUCH worse

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is a no for me

3 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

There is no appropriate age for that drill.  F***!

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The younger me who coached would be all hyped for it.

That that I am 40 and all of the issues with concussions have been made public, I feel bad for it.

Can't understand how that can be a drill nowadays post concussion controversy/protocol. Also that puts into youth football players minds that this is okay going forward all the way up to college and pros.

That little boy could've gotten his bell rung badly from the looks of it. Maybe even a concussion, which is very bad at that early of an age.

If I have a boy and he wants to play football... he is gonna hate me when I tell him no.  I only played in high school and that was enough damage.  Hoop it up or try soccer or baseball.  I had no hand eye coordination so I doubt my kids will :( 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread