The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

14 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I don't understand it. Is our country angry because everybody has a gun or do we all have guns because we're angry? America is the most spiritually and morally bereft society in modern history.

Why on earth would you think guns are a moral issue?  JDave is the most moral dude around and he is all about gun rights and the NRA:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/south-carolina/2021/05/10/greenville-cycling-community-mourns-man-shot-killed-riding-sunday/5021818001/

The Greenville cycling community is mourning the loss of one of its own, a man who was shot to death Sunday while riding his bicycle through his quiet Greenville neighborhood.

Whit Oliver was about two blocks away from his front door when he was shot to death by another man around 11 a.m. Sunday near a park and a playground on a warm Mother's Day, according to police.

The shooting preceded a second shooting minutes later, when Greenville police officers who responded to the initial shooting used witness statements to track down the suspect, according to Police Chief Howie Thompson, who spoke to the media on Sunday.

Police found Jeffrey Mark Murray, 62, in a vehicle that pulled over outside the Greenville Fire Department station on Verdae Boulevard.

Murray got out of his vehicle and displayed a handgun before an exchange of gunfire left Murray fatally shot. No officers were injured, police said.

Thompson did not disclose the names of the officers involved.

An incident report from the Greenville Police Department had not been finalized as of midday Monday, said Lt. Alia Paramore, a spokesperson for the agency

5 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

Why on earth would you think guns are a moral issue?  JDave is the most moral dude around and he is all about gun rights and the NRA:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/south-carolina/2021/05/10/greenville-cycling-community-mourns-man-shot-killed-riding-sunday/5021818001/

The Greenville cycling community is mourning the loss of one of its own, a man who was shot to death Sunday while riding his bicycle through his quiet Greenville neighborhood.

Whit Oliver was about two blocks away from his front door when he was shot to death by another man around 11 a.m. Sunday near a park and a playground on a warm Mother's Day, according to police.

The shooting preceded a second shooting minutes later, when Greenville police officers who responded to the initial shooting used witness statements to track down the suspect, according to Police Chief Howie Thompson, who spoke to the media on Sunday.

Police found Jeffrey Mark Murray, 62, in a vehicle that pulled over outside the Greenville Fire Department station on Verdae Boulevard.

Murray got out of his vehicle and displayed a handgun before an exchange of gunfire left Murray fatally shot. No officers were injured, police said.

Thompson did not disclose the names of the officers involved.

An incident report from the Greenville Police Department had not been finalized as of midday Monday, said Lt. Alia Paramore, a spokesperson for the agency

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that guns were a spiritual or moral issue, but the death from them. Most people who have guns and are very responsible.

Just now, Big_Dog said:

One Trump didn't push.

Oh, man... I really wish he would have. Stock in bovine excrement would have soared by now and every state legislature would stink to high heaven. 

Don't tell me you think I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, AF89 said:

Not that its Tebows fault America is a bunch of cynical ***holes but it's funny thinking back to the excuse that Kap was never given a second chance anywhere cause his skills were becoming just too average 

Speaking of Tebow, he is under contract as a tight end. What could go wrong with that for an older mediocre QB?

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

I've had my jabs but still wear a mask pretty much anytime I'm out. I do it so others will see somebody doing it and either feel encouraged or at least think about their own mask use. I'm used to it by now. But man, the first really hot day a couple of weeks ago gave me some problems.

You're not wearing a mask outside, are you?

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

You're not wearing a mask outside, are you?

I am. I'm well aware of everything coming from the CDC about it being unnecessary but at this point, I'm fairly used to it. I live in a condo and I'm more likely to run into my neighbors on my way to the garage (and out of the parking lot) than not. Depending on where I'm going, I take it off when I arrive. Besides, if there's a 1% chance that I'm able to transmit to my Mom after losing my Pops to the virus, wearing a mask is not a burden.

Friday will mark two weeks since I got my second jab and I don't intend to stop wearing masks anytime soon. All my friends and family are vaccinated so if I'm hanging with them I'll probably go without but it's a necessity for any trips to semi crowded places.

I don't even get why so many idiots are radically anti-mask. It's a minor inconvenience at most and it's so beneficial. Even after Covid is gone I might continue to wear asks in the winter or when I'm sick and go out. My college had a lot of Asian international students and people used to look at them funny for wearing masks but now I see that they were on to something.

I'm taking the fam to Disney tomorrow and it's going to be weird for me walking around outside in a mask all day. 

There's just no scientific basis behind the idea of covid being spread outdoors via casual contact. Unless you're in a densely packed crowd for an extended period of time, wearing a mask outside doesn't make much sense. 

There might be a lag in the data but according to Google's covid tracker the state of Georgia had 448 Covid cases yesterday and one death.

It's really remarkable to see what the Biden Administration has managed to do in such a short amount of time.

21 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I am. I'm well aware of everything coming from the CDC about it being unnecessary but at this point, I'm fairly used to it. I live in a condo and I'm more likely to run into my neighbors on my way to the garage (and out of the parking lot) than not. Depending on where I'm going, I take it off when I arrive. Besides, if there's a 1% chance that I'm able to transmit to my Mom after losing my Pops to the virus, wearing a mask is not a burden.

Being used to it is pretty much it. I don't even remember I have mine on until I burp. At my job they're still required but they don't care. While others walk around free, I'll be the one who gets in trouble. So it is what it is

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread