The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

5 hours ago, bdog 29 said:

That's an interesting idea. I feel like that'd have to be regulation that comes from the government though because any brokerage that implements that themself would get their lunch eaten. 

And I'm happy for the people who did well with GME (I have a friend who made over $20K) but I'm ready for this to end. Hedge funds having to liquidate their other positions to cover their shorts are causing the entire market to drop. 

And I also think it's ridiculous that people are acting like this is some example of the little guy beating the big guy. For one a lot of these people aren't "little guys". The guy on wallstreetbets who started this whole thing put $50K on it last year. A "little guy" doesn't have $50K to drop on a company on the verge of bankruptcy. Plus the hype around this has caused a lot of regular people to get in who are absolutely going to lose their shirts when this goes back down to Earth. At this point, holding GME stock is a game of hot potato. When it drops it's going to damage a lot of regular people. 

Gamestop was never on the verge of bankruptcy.  Also, yes, dude is a little guy.  He also provided information freely that allowed other people to fight back against leeches that were trying to drive a company into the ground. 

Metro Boomin – Not All Heroes Wear Capes.png

I have no idea how this isn’t a complete wake up call for the GOP. They would not be trying to brush it off if these were actually Antifa people looking to execute McConnell and Hawley while getting text updates about their location from the squad or something.

Rallying around someone like Trump even when he’s killing your party is what happens when you have no leadership though I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I have no idea how this isn’t a complete wake up call for the GOP. They would not be trying to brush it off if these were actually Antifa people looking to execute McConnell and Hawley while getting text updates about their location from the squad or something.

Rallying around someone like Trump even when he’s killing your party is what happens when you have no leadership though I guess. 

After Georgia... Dude they realize they are at a severe disadvantage electorally and they are closing ranks. They can't sacrifice ANY support.

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

All the GOP cares about is hot, nasty power. So stuff like this doesn’t bother them in the least. McConnell just voted to try to throw out the impeachment trial, McCarthy went to Mar-A-Lago to kiss the ring, and Majorie Taylor Greene fundraised $1.6 million over calling to expel her and digging up her social media posts. 

42 minutes ago, Carter said:

They “say” they are scared but I think it’s more about power than anything.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

All the GOP cares about is hot, nasty power. So stuff like this doesn’t bother them in the least. McConnell just voted to try to throw out the impeachment trial, McCarthy went to Mar-A-Lago to kiss the ring, and Majorie Taylor Greene fundraised $1.6 million over calling to expel her and digging up her social media posts. 

I’m just wondering what long term affects this will have for their party.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

I live in a world where I seriously despise weak *** centrist liberals while also living in a world where the right completely ******* loses their mind, kills a cop or two in the capitol, elects a woman who believes in jewish space lasers, another who suggested that day was 1776......and the Centrists on the right are all like......we got work to do. We need to move beyond this.

It's why I can't agree with the centrist argument on the Dem side. You're never gonna win over those people......it's a done deal. No matter how ******* insane the right gets they're always gonna vote for the right.

You can win over independents if you actually improve their lives....go big. And if you lose, history says you were gonna lose anyways......go big and improve folks lives anyways. Stop playing Politics and go big. The right is electing ******* psychos and they're winning despite your centrist appealing efforts.

I seriously hate that the argument coming is.....well improving most folks lives is actually not popular with the electorate and here's some graphs to prove why.

I don't give a ****. Improve folks lives. Every single graph would have also said Trump being President wasn't supposed to happen. Make folks lives better and suffer the consequences of that horrible action. 

Go. Big.

If more R's in Congress would devote their time to working on issues to improve our way of living,  instead a group of them are devoting 100% of their time pushing the MAGA movement. Those violence promoting elected officials need to be replaced. It's over and the only movement in the future is Trump's possible 2nd impeachment and criminal charges that will be forthcoming from the NYSD. They try to fight the law but the law will win.

8 hours ago, Jdrizzle said:

I live in a world where I seriously despise weak *** centrist liberals while also living in a world where the right completely ******* loses their mind, kills a cop or two in the capitol, elects a woman who believes in jewish space lasers, another who suggested that day was 1776......and the Centrists on the right are all like......we got work to do. We need to move beyond this.

It's why I can't agree with the centrist argument on the Dem side. You're never gonna win over those people......it's a done deal. No matter how ******* insane the right gets they're always gonna vote for the right.

You can win over independents if you actually improve their lives....go big. And if you lose, history says you were gonna lose anyways......go big and improve folks lives anyways. Stop playing Politics and go big. The right is electing ******* psychos and they're winning despite your centrist appealing efforts.

I still think this should be done only for a public option. private insurance doesn't deserve subsidies. 

50 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

If more R's in Congress would devote their time to working on issues to improve our way of living,  instead a group of them are devoting 100% of their time pushing the MAGA movement. Those violence promoting elected officials need to be replaced. It's over and the only movement in the future is Trump's possible 2nd impeachment and criminal charges that will be forthcoming from the NYSD. They try to fight the law but the law will win.

Come on man, they have been working over forty years trying to make things worse so why would you think they would all of the sudden change now!? 

Their whole grift is to find one emotional issue, that will have little to no affect on day to day life ever, and run on that while f”cking up everything else! 

44 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I still think this should be done only for a public option. private insurance doesn't deserve subsidies. 

I just want healthcare to be NON employer based at the same or close to what we are paying now. 

Which would move us to a more free market system, where insurance companies would have to compete against each other, that physical conservatives claim they love so much! 

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Come on man, they have been working over forty years trying to make things worse so why would you think they would all of the sudden change now!? 

Their whole grift is to find one emotional issue, that will have little to no affect on day to day life ever, and run on that while f”cking up everything else! 

Just saw on the news 35,000 R's have switched parties over the BS currently spewing from the once respected R Party. 

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I just want healthcare to be NON employer based at the same or close to what we are paying now. 

Which would move us to a more free market system, where insurance companies would have to compete against each other, that physical conservatives claim they love so much! 

People don't like shopping for insurance, so while more competition is a good thing, I don't think it will have much effect. People mostly stick with the default. That is why I want us to have a public option with zero deductibles. Most people will have the public plan with maybe 10-20% of people on employer or personal private plans. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread