The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Looks like Dogecoin is now on Robinhood’s watch list. They might be restricting that one to some extent. 

Aaannd they’re no longer allowing instant deposits to purchase any crypto unless you are a RH gold member. “Due to extraordinary market conditions.” They’re not allowing free tier users to purchase crypto with the funds they transfer until the funds fully clear from your bank account to their holding account, which they say can take up to 5 business days.

I opened an account with Fidelity. Looking at Vanguard also. They are not restricting trades. Dumping RH as soon as I can, probably after I sell my Dogecoin.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Aaannd they’re no longer allowing instant deposits to purchase any crypto unless you are a RH gold member. “Due to extraordinary market conditions.” They’re not allowing free tier users to purchase crypto with the funds they transfer until the funds fully clear from your bank account to their holding account, which they say can take up to 5 business days.

I opened an account with Fidelity. Looking at Vanguard also. They are not restricting trades. Dumping RH as soon as I can, probably after I sell my Dogecoin.

I couldn’t buy yesterday because I sold some stock to buy GME and was going to get hit with a trade restriction.  You can’t trade on assets that haven’t cleared.  I can however use uncleared checks to buy more.  I hesitated yesterday because it was above our house rule of spending our money :( 

18 minutes ago, lostone said:

I couldn’t buy yesterday because I sold some stock to buy GME and was going to get hit with a trade restriction.  You can’t trade on assets that haven’t cleared.  I can however use uncleared checks to buy more.  I hesitated yesterday because it was above our house rule of spending our money :( 

Grand total I’ve put in is less than $40. I’m just taking the ride and seeing where it goes with this right now. I can see myself getting a lot more into it though. Aside from the WallStreetBets stuff currently going on, there’s gonna be some booming businesses coming out of this pandemic recession and new opportunities in energy. I need to figure out the best way to go at the old oil well capping. My ex wife might be able to help on that, she works in the industry. I’ve had my mind on getting more involved in investing for a while, this WSB stuff kinda pushed me to action 😬

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Yeah I could already have flipped $10 into about $80 on there if I sold earlier. I’m starting to wonder what my sell point should be and if I should buy some more. If it goes to a dollar or more, that’s nearly a grand. 

I’m gonna have to see what the tax situation for this is, I’m clueless about it.

Don't sell. It's $10. Just keep it in there.

If this follows even a fraction of what Bitcoin did over the course of a few years, you'll be talking real money. If Doge ever hit $10, I'd be at $10k, when I paid $10. I'm not saying that Doge will ever match BTC, but I also don't want to be the dude who sold my 1000 shares of Doge for $100, only to have it skyrocket to $1000. (with that said, if it hit $100, I'm OUT).

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Me too, my issue is the matter of transfer. I'm gonna have to hold in RH until it makes sense to transfer out. I believe there's a $75 fee to transfer your holdings.

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

South African Variant seems to be very dangerous and they just found two cases in SC, but seems like we will have 4+ vaccines really soon. Hopefully that speeds up vaccination. 

So have we stopped talking about the virus yet?

4 hours ago, Carter said:

I wanna do it and have been wanting to but I have to wait until tomorrow to start since work keeps me so ******* busy.

So everyone at work has HSA accounts. Not mandatory or anything but I’ve been throwing $15 a week in for the past 3-4 years give or take. I’ve never thought about it. I just found out that we can pull money from it. Of course they want you to use it towards medical bills and medicine. **** that. I’m gonna need that ASAP. 

"He didn't lose much of his base at all, suggesting even with all the other mismanagement that he might have won reelection just by passing more aid while he was in office. That means Covid-19 didn't affect the results of the election as much as people originally thought." 👨‍🎓

4 minutes ago, Serge said:

"He didn't lose much of his base at all, suggesting even with all the other mismanagement that he might have won reelection just by passing more aid while he was in office. That means Covid-19 didn't affect the results of the election as much as people originally thought." 👨‍🎓

On 1/26/2021 at 12:37 AM, AF89 said:

Also to go back to that Trump would have won without the pandemic thing, well if you expand the 2018 map into an electoral college based on the popular vote in each state Dems would have won that too. Handily

If anything the pandemic probably gave Trump his biggest chance at actually pulling it out if he'd just gave us our paltry $600 in October and Dems would have tripped over themselves looking stupid in an effort to block it

27 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So everyone at work has HSA accounts. Not mandatory or anything but I’ve been throwing $15 a week in for the past 3-4 years give or take. I’ve never thought about it. I just found out that we can pull money from it. Of course they want you to use it towards medical bills and medicine. **** that. I’m gonna need that ASAP. 

I think you are asking to get taxed on that.  And it may be double taxed.  Don’t do it.

By the way, since there’s so much interest now on market manipulation, y’all should check out the book “Flash Boys” if you haven’t already.  

Basically, big broker firms were allowed to buy access to the major stock exchanges and see when other people made orders.  Then the firm would buy those stocks a fraction of a second before the purchase was made, and sell the stocks to the purchaser for a small amount (less than a penny) more than the price purchased.  In other words, these big broker firms were able to collect a fee on every big stock purchase made on the three major exchanges.  So if I made an order for 5,000 shares of AMC stock for market value at $10.02, they would buy my shares a fraction of a second beforehand and then sell them to me at $10.03 and I wouldn’t even know they had done it.  

And not only was it all legal, but the stock exchanges were getting paid by the firms to do it.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread