The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

The icu bed situation got really really bad here.

Cities in Arizona and Southern California (and maybe Florida?) had protocol in place to avoid transporting people to the hospitals if they weren't likely to survive. I'm pretty sure this wasn't just for COVID patients.

Looks like Gregg Popovich voiced his opinion on it:

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

And a  fire truck full of mouth wash.

Nah, that woudl be your problem, not mine. And since I'll be wearing a mask, you won't smell a thing...*

*On second thought, a fire truck of mouthwash would probably be recommended, after all. Thanks to the mask, it would be my problem and not yours.

Just now, Aleksandr sportolli said:

This something you discovered yourself?

Umhm.

I had one of the gas station lunches one day and I just had some crumbs of the chips left in the back so I just dumped them on the chili dog.

It was like the heavens opened up and the angels just sang....I'm pretty sure that's going to be the sound of a diabetic coma but...... worth it

Just now, AF89 said:

My fully built Hot Dog is Ketchup,Mustard, Chili, a touch of buffalo sauce, jalapenos, and shredded cheese, hold the onions

Buffalo sauce is the great equalizer. I'm closer to injecting it directly into my veins than I am to using a touch.

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

In barney level purple.

Psh gotta break some eggs to make an omelette!!

Seriously though....if erasing the restrictions leads to another huge spike then if someone does because of that.....does he have any liability for that?

It wouldn’t surprise me if this only happened now because oil companies are getting bent the **** over and they can make Texas republicans do whatever they want. Most places are not going to reopen 100% because people are not going to magically start acting like covid is over. Enough people will to cause problems though. And the oil fields will be running at full steam because they don’t give a **** about anyone, least of all their own workers. 

Just to elaborate on what I meant by assumed risk..

I'm vaccinated. Which means that I'm statistically 95% protected from symptomatic covid and virtually 100% protected from severe illness or death.  Also it means by all research done, I'm much less likely to be a carrier of the virus to others. 

So I'm back to training jiu-jitsu, eating in the occasional restaurant, etc. I do this because the only non-vaccinated people I'm around for any amount of time are my wife and daughter, both of which are very low risk for serious illness. If I lived with someone more vulnerable, I probably would not resume my activities.

There are many people in a similar situation as me, and as natural infections and vaccinations continue, that number will only increase as we get to the end of this pandemic. 

So having the discussion of what can be opened is completely legitimate in my view. 

17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Chilli, cheese sauce, and crumbled salt and vinegar chips

Ima have to try this

12 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I put pickled jalapenos on my hot dogs pretty regularly too.

They’re awesome on brauts as swell. Local meat markets around here sell em with pickled jalapeños or green Chile stuffed in there with all the nonsense that goes into those. 

18 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

You are absolutely correct that the messaging In the very beginning was jumbled as pluck.

But by the time april /may rolled around the messaging was pretty consistent on what needs to be done.

People just did not want to listen and screamed to high heaven that it the $2.99 potato skins at happy hour was their god given right.

I mean we saw what happened when the numbers declined in the summer.....people wanted everything to be normal and as soon as they started acting normally......we saw huge spikes ( atleast here in AZ we did.)

The icu bed situation got really really bad here.

It got really really bad here too. I have the nightmares and ulcer to prove it. 

But our politicians and media made this a red vs blue culture war from the jump so by the time a good scientific consensus was available, the partisan battle lines were drawn. You had Trump out there refusing to wear masks and talking about hydroxychloriquine. The public never had a chance. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread