The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

2 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

I'm late to the ****ting on Houston responses, but let me say this as a black man, Houston is hella cool for several reasons:

1. Houston runs a close second to Atlanta in the fine asss black women category.  Houston got some fine asss black women, period!!
  2. If you're not from Houston, always know where you are or have someone that knows the area with you, don't run your mouth, don't flash money (if the men don't jack you first, the women certainly will).
  3. There is A LOT to do in Houston and the surrounding area.
  4. Houses are cheap!!!
  5. No state income tax
  6. I'd live in the Houston area (but not in a flood zone) before the i'd  live in the DFW area, and I like the DFW area!!!

To end this, Houston got some fine  black asss women!!!  Texas thickness!!!! Now that I think about it, I've seen a lot of fine asss black, white, Mexican, and VIETNAMESE women in Houston!!  Lawd!!!  :slick:

My uncle told me that Houston is the greatest city in the world  also can confirm about the fine *** black women. Was  15 at the galleria with my uncle when I saw this beautiful beautiful girl who gave me nothing but a please look when I said what’s up but I had to get a closer look and you miss all the shots you don’t take. 

43 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

*ABF

Reminds me that my boss sent a group email to our group saying to put in our time cuz the vpn is watching. I responded saying I thought it was always watching. I got no response. 

Edited by NightPain

32 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I'm kind of proud that I have absolutely no ******* clue who David Muir is and that none of y'all have subjected me to him or what I'm gonna have to assume are his ****ty takes.

Actually hes just a straight up nightly news anchor of the classic non cable news style variety. It would be weird if he had any takes at all beyond some bland comment for the half hours ending puff piece. Probably why youve never heard of him. This is Peter Jennings (and occasionally like Barbra Walters etc) old seat.

8 hours ago, AF89 said:

Actually hes just a straight up nightly news anchor of the classic non cable news style variety. It would be weird if he had any takes at all beyond some bland comment for the half hours ending puff piece. Probably why youve never heard of him. This is Peter Jennings (and occasionally like Barbra Walters etc) old seat.

I'm always in the minority here but Muir is one of few I will watch for national news.

6 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I'm always in the minority here but Muir is one of few I will watch for national news.

He doesn't force his political beliefs when reporting a story. That's rare these days. Every cable news anchor is trying to apply for a future WH job.

This is one of those things that sounds like a good idea until you start thinking through the logistics of it...

The bill, called the Ultra-Millionaire Tax Act,would create an annual tax of 2 percent on the net worth of households and trusts between $50 million and $1 billion and a tax of 3 percent on net worth above $1 billion. The rate for net worth above $1 billion would increase to 6 percent if a "Medicare for All" health care plan is enacted.

^^^So they’re just going to cut a $1+ million check to the IRS every year as though they have all their money stored at a bank like Scrooge McDuck?  Most of that wealth is in investments and a lot is in real estate.  And if every person with that much wealth suddenly has to start selling houses then there won’t be anyone to buy them.  So logistically, this would create a disastrous situation not just for “ultra millionaires” and billionaires, but for the wider economy.  I have no problem increasing taxes on this group, especially considering a huge number of them pay lower tax rates than I do.  But I don’t see how a wealth tax is workable.  

Are there any examples of a similar tax in other advanced democracies?  I’d like to see if this has been tried (and worked) in other places.

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

This is one of those things that sounds like a good idea until you start thinking through the logistics of it...

The bill, called the Ultra-Millionaire Tax Act,would create an annual tax of 2 percent on the net worth of households and trusts between $50 million and $1 billion and a tax of 3 percent on net worth above $1 billion. The rate for net worth above $1 billion would increase to 6 percent if a "Medicare for All" health care plan is enacted.

^^^So they’re just going to cut a $1+ million check to the IRS every year as though they have all their money stored at a bank like Scrooge McDuck?  Most of that wealth is in investments and a lot is in real estate.  And if every person with that much wealth suddenly has to start selling houses then there won’t be anyone to buy them.  So logistically, this would create a disastrous situation not just for “ultra millionaires” and billionaires, but for the wider economy.  I have no problem increasing taxes on this group, especially considering a huge number of them pay lower tax rates than I do.  But I don’t see how a wealth tax is workable.  

Are there any examples of a similar tax in other advanced democracies?  I’d like to see if this has been tried (and worked) in other places.

Investments that may also be tied to trusts and retirement accounts, but I'm not sure if that counts towards someone's net worth since it isn't disposable income.

9 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I’ve never been a Star Trek fan, but there are numerous Star Trek meme accounts that find their way into my timeline because people I follow like or RT them, and there’s some hilarious ones out there 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread