The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

12 hours ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

At least you just made it weird right off the bat instead of dragging it out for three pages of multi paragraph responses.

"Weird" is you playing forum psychologist while doing the everything is racist circle jerk; saying I like to post pics of toys to change the subject during a racist rant, followed by you immediately backtracking and saying I'm not a racist :flush: But I found that you like to tell a personal tragic story (usually about the hardships of your gay brother) after a false accusation to change the subject. It's weird how people subconsciously describe their own flaws while trying to character assassinate.

2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

"Weird" is you playing forum psychologist while doing the everything is racist circle jerk; saying I like to post pics of toys to change the subject during a racist rant, followed by you immediately backtracking and saying I'm not a racist :flush: But I found that you like to tell a personal tragic story (usually about the hardships of your gay brother) after a false accusation to change the subject. It's weird how people subconsciously describe their own flaws while trying to character assassinate.

k

I have to say, it’s been a pretty foundational part of me moving more to the left that my credit largely got wrecked by a divorce and I’ve been raising 3 kids below the poverty level for the past 6-7 years. Even my car insurance rates have been astronomical. There are so many systemic issues designed to keep people poor that are hard to see unless you live it.

On the bright side, I am one of those people who has largely used the stimulus money to pay off bills and fix my credit. My **** has gone up more than 80 points in the past 6 months and I can qualify for decent rates on a mortgage. On the down side.... half decent 4 bedroom houses are at least 300 grand.

I personally think $15 minimum wage isnt necessary but if it happens and my food order is ever ****** up again, I need that employee wrote up pronto. I was told last night on twitter that $15 an hour would make restaurant workers take their jobs serious. I work with grown *** people who make up to $16.29 just to sit on their *** all day who don’t take their jobs serious. Not a soul alive can convince me that this would change workers attitudes towards their job. Please don’t try 

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

I have to say, it’s been a pretty foundational part of me moving more to the left that my credit largely got wrecked by a divorce and I’ve been raising 3 kids below the poverty level for the past 6-7 years. Even my car insurance rates have been astronomical. There are so many systemic issues designed to keep people poor that are hard to see unless you live it.

On the bright side, I am one of those people who has largely used the stimulus money to pay off bills and fix my credit. My **** has gone up more than 80 points in the past 6 months and I can qualify for decent rates on a mortgage. On the down side.... half decent 4 bedroom houses are at least 300 grand.

Bro, I would tell you to come to phoenix but finding a 4 br for less than 400k here is nearly impossible unless you want to live in the ghetto and have a 70 year old house that has not been updated since the 70's....and even then you are going to be pushing 300k and completing with atleast one of the several hundred cash investors who are going to dump 50k on it and then market it for 500k.

The inventory here has been cut probably by half since we bought last year.

17 minutes ago, Carter said:

You can move into my house, but you have to **** my wife.

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Bro, I would tell you to come to phoenix but finding a 4 br for less than 400k here is nearly impossible unless you want to live in the ghetto and have a 70 year old house that has not been updated since the 70's....and even then you are going to be pushing 300k and completing with atleast one of the several hundred cash investors who are going to dump 50k on it and then market it for 500k.

The inventory here has been cut probably by half since we bought last year.

Housing prices are completely unsustainable in most places around the country.  I was very lucky to get into the market when I did, because I’m seeing 3 br, 2 ba (about 1600 sq ft) houses in the decent but not best areas going for $400k.  

And those cash investors you’re talking about are making things even worse.  I honestly don’t know how a normal family can afford to buy a house right now.  It’s complete insanity.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Housing prices are completely unsustainable in most places around the country.  I was very lucky to get into the market when I did, because I’m seeing 3 br, 2 ba (about 1600 sq ft) houses in the decent but not best areas going for $400k.  

And those cash investors you’re talking about are making things even worse.  I honestly don’t know how a normal family can afford to buy a house right now.  It’s complete insanity.

It is nuts.

We got into our house (3/2 almost 1800sf, with a covered patio and pool on. 10k+ lot ) for 256k last year.

If we put it on the market for 315k we would sell it in a day....and probably get more.

I am not sure that we will ever hit CA, WA, HI prices but in 5 years AZ is going to be very difficult for a normal family to buy.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread