The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

3 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

What he's really saying:

He's such a little dorky Opie Cunningham that we ironically give him a name that makes him sound cool.  And even though he's such a dorky little Opie Cunningham, we support him because, for some reason, he is on the Hawks.  And finally, even though he is a dorky little Opie Cunningham, he actually managed to play pretty well tonight, but we don't expect him to ever do this again.

The thing is, He isn't little.  And he is actually pretty quick.  He certainly was able to get to create open space and create shots yesterday.  They even ran a little Iso Opie.  (They also ran a little Iso Pero, I mean Iso Gallo.)  

And it worked. Because Huerter is a pretty good basketball player who has been performing at a high level for three years.

But there is no getting around the dorky.

This is what pisses off so many red state governors. Workers are realizing the power they have in this economy and using it to push those who have for far too long exploited their workers.  Sad that Biden isn't fighting with them, since he will be one that benefits from it. 

27 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

This is what pisses off so many red state governors. Workers are realizing the power they have in this economy and using it to push those who have for far too long exploited their workers.  Sad that Biden isn't fighting with them, since he will be one that benefits from it. 

I moved to Memphis for a year in the '90s and it broke my heart. The people there were sweet as can be, but it was clear that they were kept somewhat ignorant (not a slam against them) and underpaid in order to keep the labor market cheap and incapable of relocating. I used to try to debate them to find out what made them tick, but because I was their boss they'd simply agree with anything that I said, regardless of the fact that I know they weren't like-minded. Outside of other managers, I met one person in a year who had an opinion on anything other than work and that was a guy that I met at U-Haul the day before I moved.

I'll never understand why people don't realize that power lies in unity. I guess anybody who's capable of delivering that message is instantly discredited by people with other interests.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread