The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

Boy, lemme tell ya, liberals do not feel the same way about asking questions in 2021 that they did in 2018. Used to be a positive attribute that showed curiosity. Now they call you mean names and accuse you of not loving your country. One guy said all my childhood bullies were right. It's been a rough few days.

15 minutes ago, Serge said:

One guy said all my childhood bullies were right. It's been a rough few days.

You wouldn't believe the inner peace you'll have by not giving a **** about politics. 

b55877c2f41c58e21777beda9ee7365f.jpg

Life will go on with or without your political opinion. No need to carry that weight.

2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

You wouldn't believe the inner peace you'll have by not giving a **** about politics. 

b55877c2f41c58e21777beda9ee7365f.jpg

Life will go on with or without your political opinion. No need to carry that weight.

I can't reach inner peace without pissing someone off in the process. I have the heart of a troll.

Complete insanity…

There was one buyer Perry worked with who put in an offer that he thought was a grand slam: The home was listed at $1.95 million and his buyers offered $2.75 million in cash, closing in a week. Perry said his buyers offered $500,000 non-refundable earnest money upon acceptance, plus they were allowing the sellers to stay in the property for six months to a year until they found their next home. 

"They gave them everything," said Perry. "The only thing they could have added was to bring a bag of cash with the offer." 

They still lost the bid, Perry said. The sellers went with a buyer who essentially matched that offer, said Perry, which goes to show in this market, the pack is never very far behind.

"We were gutted," he said. "I didn't know what anything in this world meant after that."

31 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Doesn't make me feel great about Cam Reddish that hes healthy and they still don't think he can catch up enough (physically/mentally/rhythm) to even be the last guy on the bench in a win or go home.

Twitter’s search is broken on mobile, I’ve been trying to search for updates for him but it gives me results for “foul” instead <_<

46 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Doesn't make me feel great about Cam Reddish that hes healthy and they still don't think he can catch up enough (physically/mentally/rhythm) to even be the last guy on the bench in a win or go home.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Nate probably doesn't think he can get up to speed fast enough. He was already struggling offensively prior to injury. We don't want to rush him back and have him hurt himself again. How many times has Hunter gotten hurt come back for a couple games only to get hurt again and repeat.  Our window is just opening. Embiid is basically sacrificing himself during this postseason. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Twitter’s search is broken on mobile, I’ve been trying to search for updates for him but it gives me results for “foul” instead <_<

AJC Hawks reporter. 

13 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. Nate probably doesn't think he can get up to speed fast enough. He was already struggling offensively prior to injury. We don't want to rush him back and have him hurt himself again. How many times has Hunter gotten hurt come back for a couple games only to get hurt again and repeat.  Our window is just opening. Embiid is basically sacrificing himself during this postseason. 

AJC Hawks reporter. 

I still don't see the harm in letting him be last man DNP. Let him start preparing mentally for the possibility of playing and maybe on the 2% chance we build a big lead on the Sixers with a few minutes left he could log minutes 

We probably going to need him in the ECF if we advance 

I thought this was a really interesting argument…

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/blackrock-ruining-us-housing-market/619224/

Far worse than corporations taking a few thousand units off the market for owners are the governments and noisy NIMBYish residents taking millions of units off the market for owners and renters alike—by blocking construction projects in the past few decades. (California alone has an estimated shortage of 3 million housing units.) From New York to California, deep-blue cities and states have amassed a pitiful record of blocking housing construction and failing to meet rising demand with adequate supply. Many of the people tweeting about BlackRock are represented by city councils and state governments, or are surrounded by zoning laws and local ordinances that make home construction something between onerous and impossible.

Through law and custom, the U.S. has encouraged people to buy and cherish their houses. But by asking Americans to see their homes as precious investment vehicles, these laws activate a scarcity mindset and sow the seeds of NIMBYism: Don’t dilute my equity with new construction!

How can we encourage Americans to support more housing construction near where they live? Maybe the answer is … more single-family rentals. As the Bloomberg columnist Conor Sen points out, homeowners tend to look down on nearby construction, because more ample housing could drive down the cost of their property. But renters might celebrate nearby construction for the same general principle: Ample housing might hold down their rent.

In the arithmetic of online outrage—where big banks are evil, and landlords suck—nothing is more villainous than a big-bank landlord. But the larger villain in America’s housing crunch isn’t the faceless Wall Street Goliath overseeing your apartment building or house; it’s the forces stopping any new apartment buildings or houses from existing in the first place: your neighbors, local laws, and local governments. If we can’t see the culprit of America’s housing crisis, that’s because we’re eager to look everywhere except in the mirror

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

We'll see how long it takes for this to find its way to a gun-humping GQP-blowing judge.

You don't have anything to worry about.....the most important election of our lives was won and the fight for Americas soul is over. The good guys won. They are enacting all kinds of laws and passing all kinds of bills in reaction to a once in a lifetime overstepping of the line by Republicans.

It's gonna be fine.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread