The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Not to mention....have we ever seen Trump apologize?

For anything ....ever?

Biden apologized only because of Trump though. His team made him go out and do that to keep up the contrasting comparisons between the two. 

I mean we are talking about the candidate who got all mad and called the worker in the factory a liar and put his finger in the guys chest. 

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Biden apologized only because of Trump though. His team made him go out and do that to keep up the contrasting comparisons between the two. 

I mean we are talking about the candidate who got all mad and called the worker in the factory a liar and put his finger in the guys chest. 

Ehh that is possible but I think at his core Biden is a decent man....there is ample evidence of this.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Ehh that is possible but I think at his core Biden is a decent man....there is ample evidence of this.

There's ample evidence of him being a wee bit of a hot head who shoots his mouth off without thinking too. Tons.

It's  just common sense that he wants to appear as different from Trump as possible in every imaginable way and that the popping off at the reporter like that is something that his PR folks jumped in and said......needs to be handled immediately.

41 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Did Biden call them the enemy of the people, fake news, and share clips of himself beating up a doctored image of CNN's logo?

Also, remember that Trump joked about and praised the gubernatorial candidate who literally body-slammed a reporter.  

8 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Did he apologize to this regular *** dude and I just missed it?

It's amazing how a occupational title makes people think they won't get their *** kicked when acting like this. I'd get arrested for elder abuse on the spot.

Just now, Sponge said:

It's amazing how a occupational title makes people think they won't get their *** kicked when acting like this. I'd get arrested for elder abuse on the spot.

Biden has definitely crossed the line several times in the past and probably should have gotten his *** kicked a few times for it.

27 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Seriously???  People are comparing this to Trump calling the media “fake news” and “the enemy of the people” and pointing to them at his rallies to supporters could attack them?  Maybe I missed it, but what did Biden say that was “violent rhetoric” in that exchange?  And what did he say that was comparable to Trump’s attacks on the press?

I didn't like Trump saying that because of the connotation the phrase has and how it's been used by authoritarian regimes in the past.....

But our corporate media is definitely not on the side of the average person. 

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Biden has definitely crossed the line several times in the past and probably should have gotten his *** kicked a few times for it.

I'd be afraid to hit him cause he might die and Kamala would become president.

Just now, Southern California Liar said:

I don't mind Biden popping off at a reporter, and I don't mind a reporter being "aggressive" or "negative" with their questions. Both kinda seemed to make mistakes in my opinion but that is supposed to be an adversarial relationship to a degree. It's supposed to be kinda tense.

Afterward, the reporter explained on CNN that she was just doing her job in asking the questions but also said that the apology from Biden wasn’t necessary, but they were glad he made a point to apologize anyway.  It’s being billed as this huge blowup and it really isn’t.  A reporter asked a tough question — and yes, the press is typically more negative because of the adversarial relationship — and Biden lost his cool and spouted off.  Not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Afterward, the reporter explained on CNN that she was just doing her job in asking the questions but also said that the apology from Biden wasn’t necessary, but they were glad he made a point to apologize anyway.  It’s being billed as this huge blowup and it really isn’t.  A reporter asked a tough question — and yes, the press is typically more negative because of the adversarial relationship — and Biden lost his cool and spouted off.  Not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

I'd rather see them arguing a bit than being all buddy buddy.

Just don't want Biden or any President openly threatening them with prison time or opening investigations on journalists like others have done.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Prince of Darkness (1987) Thread