The ABF Classic Film Series: Alien (1979) Thread

52 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Here's a easy to understand video. 

In a nutshell, it suggest that just by observing, you're creating reality. 

The implications are quite enormous because it could be a possible explanation of phenoma such as mass hysteria and the self fulfilling prophecy.

31 minutes ago, MoeBiden said:

The implications are quite enormous because it could be a possible explanation of phenoma such as mass hysteria and the self fulfilling prophecy.

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

In a nutshell, it suggest that just by observing, you're creating reality. 

I'm just some internet guy with no hardcore quantum background, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure this is explained knowing that the method of observation uses light itself. Because of how tiny electron particles are, you have to observe the experiment in a specific way, and when high frequency light acts on the electrons, it loses the wave/interference pattern because light is so high energy. If you turn the light down, you wind up missing electrons and can't see the pattern itself. And if you use lower frequency light, you still get the interference pattern, but you can't even tell which slit the electron is going through. And to tell which slit it is, you have to use higher frequency/energy light, which acts on the electrons and removes the pattern again...and so on. It's like some Schrodingers cat thing, but I don't think it says anything about observation itself, just how photons and electrons interact.

1 hour ago, Southern California Liar said:

A friend of mine who is an Ivy League Econ prof has provided expert testimony in one of the Civil trials arising from that mess.  He says that it was  a situation in which the organization structure was such that a "Bet the Company" decision was left in the discretion of someone without college education.

The coming months are set to turn into a time of reckoning for bad employers. The unique dynamic of the pandemic recovery could prove quickly unsurvivable for companies that are inefficient, as well as those that offer low pay, toxic work environments, or abusive bosses.

This is the real dynamic that the business class is complaining about. 

3 minutes ago, lostone said:

I am surprised the gas situation isn’t really trending on Twitter 

I just filled up at lunch and a tanker pulled into that station to refill it.  I'll fill up my wife's Pilot tonight.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I just filled up at lunch and a tanker pulled into that station to refill it.  I'll fill up my wife's Pilot tonight.

Leaving for Disney in the morning with the wife and kid. Hopefully the wife fills up the CRV today. Getting back may be interesting. 

9 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Line is about 30-40 cars deep at the Costco pumps. Who could have seen this coming?

That’s normal at my Costco 

also... I just can’t stand the stupid conspiracy theories over COVID-19 

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

That’s normal at my Costco 

also... I just can’t stand the stupid conspiracy theories over COVID-19 

So it's safe to finally get this 5G phone I've been eyeing?

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Alien (1979) Thread