The ABF Classic Film Series: Alien (1979) Thread

Just now, AF89 said:

Dawg you need to catch up on When they cry, I'm dying to see the next episode

Man... I’m so f’in tired from working out 51 straight days... I can barely keep my eyes open long enough to watch some episodes.  Just caught up on rezero.  Need to catch back up on jujutsu and AoT.  I’ve even gotten a bit behind on black clover

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

Man... I’m so f’in tired from working out 51 straight days... I can barely keep my eyes open long enough to watch some episodes.  Just caught up on rezero.  Need to catch back up on jujutsu and AoT.  I’ve even gotten a bit behind on black clover

They finally got to the episode that explains how/why the entire sequel remake and changed the whole dynamic and its a much larger chess board now.

I like that stuffs happening in Rezero now too. It wasn't boring by any means but the original feel was growing stagnant being just eternally stuck in Sanctuary

Lol democrats are such cowards. “Oh, what can we do, mean old Mr. Manchin is there!  Woe are we!”

As if all 49 of the rest of them are out there pounding their fists for these things. As if the president is out there giving news conferences on a daily basis about these things. The fact is, a much larger portion of those democrat senators didn’t want that to be a part of the bill. And blaming it on one or two people is some convenient but weak scapegoating.

I've been thinking about how "Luxuries are just that, luxuries, things you want but don't need" and "The defense department admits that the 1.7 trillion dollar F-35 program was a failure" were discussions that happened within 24 hours of each other.

The Overton window on what's acceptable has been moved so far as to what causes outrage with the American public to the point where what should really really really piss most folks off only really really really pisses the weirdos like us off......and I'm at a loss as to how to have that conversation with normies. Much less the weirdos like us who just skip right over stuff like that.

Just now, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Oh no. I’ve posted on other message board with the guy that runs that account, he’s a **** good guitar player. 

That's the first thing I thought of when I read this

I just question what the purpose of being the richest society to ever exist in history is if **** near half the people in that society would struggle to cover a $400 emergency. Where are the riches in that richest society to ever exist going? How insane is it to say things like "Luxuries are just that, luxuries.....", when talking about the working class while the government is pretty much admitting they blew 1.7 trillion?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/10-americans-struggle-cover-400-emergency-expense-federal/story%3fid=63253846

It was questioned of us if maybe we're spending too much energy on being angry at Biden for lying about the $2000 checks........well I'm gonna need the same angry energy about living in the wealthiest country to ever exist in history and 40% of that country would struggle to come up with $400 and I'm gonna need it consistently. Considering how preposterous that is I can't imagine investing that anger anywhere else that doesn't help to solve that issue.

1 minute ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I just question what the purpose of being the richest society to ever exist in history is if **** near half the people in that society would struggle to cover a $400 emergency. Where are the riches in that richest society to ever exist going? How insane is it to say things like "Luxuries are just that, luxuries.....", when talking about the working class while the government is pretty much admitting they blew 1.7 trillion?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/10-americans-struggle-cover-400-emergency-expense-federal/story%3fid=63253846

It was questioned of us if maybe we're spending too much energy on being angry at Biden for lying about the $2000 checks........well I'm gonna the same energy about living in the wealthiest country to ever exist in history and 40% of that country would struggle to come up with $400 and I'm gonna need it consistently. Considering how preposterous that is I can't imagine investing that anger anywhere else that doesn't help to solve that issue.

The problem is that half the country blames brown people for their problems and doesn’t really look at what could be done to make the situation better.  As long as they are doing better than someone they are happy.  

5 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

It was questioned of us if maybe we're spending too much energy on being angry at Biden for lying about the $2000 checks........well I'm gonna need the same angry energy about living in the wealthiest country to ever exist in history and 40% of that country would struggle to come up with $400 and I'm gonna need it consistently. Considering how preposterous that is I can't imagine investing that anger anywhere else that doesn't help to solve that issue.

Being home to the most billionaires and multi-millionaires doesn't make this a wealthy country. It kills me to hear people say that. Especially when the richest among us find ways to avoid paying their fair share into the community chest.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Alien (1979) Thread