The ABF Classic Film Series: Alien (1979) Thread

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Don't know what it is with me and animals here lately but a ******* skunk just walked across a field I was working in. Twice I've seen where one got hit crossing the road but  I have never seen one alive in the wild until today.

Tell him no means no.

VEZCF3CZQJD25FS3YA7DJD5KXE.jpg

59 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I'm still admittedly very ignorant about it, but it sure does seem like the next technological advancement that's going to make our lives markedly worse in the coming decades, assuming global-warming-caused hurricanes and tornadoes don't wipe us off the map first. 

No worries, crypto will make the bolded all the more likely!

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That makes alot of sense.

I actually agree with keeping the filibuster but it can't continue to be weaponized like it has been for the last nearly 2 decades

I’d prefer to get rid of it and move to a more majoritarian system where the majority can enact its agenda, but I can understand and respect the arguments in favor of the filibuster.

I think one of the big things in shifting my view on the filibuster was a book by the same author of that op-ed (Norman Ornstein) titled “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks”.  

1 hour ago, Southern California Liar said:

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Still ice-cold that Joe put her in charge of the border.

Let's be honest here. The only reason she is going to the border is Trump forced her hand with his upcoming trip next week. Which proves he is still in their heads 24/7. He could make a habit of this with other political issues, just appear in hot bed states/cites (talking about issues) to force their appearances when they were just ignoring them.  Good strategy I must say.

:lol:

100,000 viewers...horrible number even for a you tuber...:lol:

2 hours ago, achilles return said:

death to crypto forever

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I'm still admittedly very ignorant about it, but it sure does seem like the next technological advancement that's going to make our lives markedly worse in the coming decades, assuming global-warming-caused hurricanes and tornadoes don't wipe us off the map first. 

K

2 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Sha'carri Richardson is a total babe. 

That is all.

I'm just mostly amazed that anyone can be one of the peak athletes on earth while wearing nails half a foot long.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: Alien (1979) Thread