Serge is typing...

Mr. Hoopah!

2 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Sure. But again, we don't see that in other places where guns are harder to get.

We don't see other ways of mass killings in non-gun countries?

9 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

You're using means as a red herring to avoid the actual discussion, which is about frequency.

Bro, you get like this once a month (frequency) where I'm not engaging you, but you just like to throw jabs while trying to do the intellectual bit.

3 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Bro, you get like this once a month (frequency) where I'm not engaging you, but you just like to throw jabs while trying to do the intellectual bit.

Yeah, I do think it's pretty clear to many of the folks here that you'd rather play childish personal attack games than actually discuss any of the stupid things you're saying.

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

Yeah, I do think it's pretty clear to many of the folks here that you'd rather play childish personal attack games than actually discuss any of the stupid things you're saying.

Again, I never engaged or quoted anything you said. I was talking to OC like always on different views, but here you come injecting yourself in to be a smartass (frequency).

Bro, just get it out of your system. Talk some **** and move on.

40 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Sure. But again, we don't see that in other places where guns are harder to get.

I literally gave you examples of it. 

Van incel in Canada killed 10

2019 Kyoto arson kills 36

2021 Osaka arson kills 25

2016 Samigahara stabbings kills 19

38 minutes ago, Sponge said:

We don't see other ways of mass killings in non-gun countries?

We do, but we don't see them at nearly the frequency.

The same holds true for suicide. Sure, people still kill themselves. But, rates are significantly lower in areas with less guns.

If it was a matter of "they'll just find another way", we would see the same numbers distributed across those other means. We don't.

1 minute ago, shc said:

I literally gave you examples of it. 

Van incel in Canada killed 10

Again, rookie numbers man. I would gladly take 4 incidents over 6 years over what we have now, which is 4 over 4 months/weeks here.

And I'm not using the "mass shooting" definition that people throw around that counts anything over 3 or so. I'm just using the big ones in this.

4 minutes ago, shc said:

1 minute ago, Sponge said:

Japan bro

There's gotta be something in the water over there. I saw a documentary of Japan's suicide rate and it was crazy. They had a forest that they would go to kill themselves at.

6 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Again, rookie numbers man. I would gladly take 4 incidents over 6 years over what we have now, which is 4 over 4 months/weeks here.

And I'm not using the "mass shooting" definition that people throw around that counts anything over 3 or so. I'm just using the big ones in this.

I think me and you agree that more guns means more potential for violent acts. Less guns obviously means less.

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Japan has significantly less in people ages 35 and below. Higher in the older age groups.

Also, keep in mind that there is a cultural tie to suicide in Japan and other Asian countries.

They literally work themselves to death mentally to reach some bar that feel they need to achieve. There's also a video game parlor addiction going on over there. 

And the women would rather have a small fluffy dog than a man or a baby, seriously.

There's gotta be something in the water over there. I saw a documentary of Japan's suicide rate and it was crazy. They had a forest that they would go to kill themselves at.

Their gun control came about to keep guns out of peasant hands and to prevent uprisings. Maybe they realize the futility of their existence over there. 

I think me and you agree that more guns means more potential for violent acts. Less guns obviously means less.

I would agree that less guns available to people that shouldn’t have guns would mean less violent acts. 

of all the countries that people tout as superior to the US because of gun control, which ones have worse healthcare than the US?  Which ones are places people would actually want to live?

1 minute ago, Sponge said:

They literally work themselves to death mentally to reach some bar that feel they need to achieve. There's also a video game parlor addiction going on over there. 

And the women would rather have a small fluffy dog than a man or a baby, seriously.

True. The highest cause seems to be economic issues. They have to make a ton of money to be competitive with the opposite sex.

Just now, shc said:

I would agree that less guns available to people that shouldn’t have guns would mean less violent acts. 

of all the countries that people tout as superior to the US because of gun control, which ones have worse healthcare than the US?  Which ones are places people would actually want to live?

None, because the rest of the world cares about their citizens. We're pretty much the only developed country without healthcare seen as a right.

4 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

None, because the rest of the world cares about their citizens. We're pretty much the only developed country without healthcare seen as a right.

Is that none to both questions, or just healthcare?

again, I made the joke about Ice T in poverty talking about killing cops, to playing a cop on TV, but I think there is an economic component to it. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to Serge is typing...