Phillip Rivers Retiring

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Nobody is trading their star qb to a divisional rival. Come on.

Its Houston, never underestimate that. lol. Either ways Watson missed a great chance with Texans. He was never the guy in the city, it was Watt and Hopkins. With Hopkins gone and Watt about to leave, Watson could have been the guy in Houston. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was one of the really good guys in sports and a terrific QB for a lot of years. Best of luck to him, and I mean that sincerely, because that poor guy is walking into a house with 9 kids in it. 😄

...... Antonio Cromartie isn't impressed.

Seems like yesterday when Chargers had the Brees vs Rivers QB controversy.   Crazy that both will more than likely be retiring the same time.   Man, where did all this time go?

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Its Houston, never underestimate that. lol. Either ways Watson missed a great chance with Texans. He was never the guy in the city, it was Watt and Hopkins. With Hopkins gone and Watt about to leave, Watson could have been the guy in Houston. 

Wanting to be “the guy” is not conducive to a team attitude. Knowing your place and doing what needs to be done to win games is the right attitude. 

This has me thinking about MR and his career stats. Found this online. Ya'll boys who've had your heads in the sand need to realize that this man has been a great QB for the Falcons. 

And 10 years of >4K yards (that will likely cease next year)?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_career.htm

Edited by Passprotection
22 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Will likely be a fringe HOF and used as an example of a player that is either just good enough or not quite good enough to make it in. Unfortunate he’ll go out without a ring, but still enjoyed a very nice career. At the very least, he’s probably the best trash talking QB to ever lace them up. 

Interesting case for the HOF. Certainly his stats rank right up there with the best, but at no single point in his career was he ever thought of or awarded as the best QB. And really I can’t say he was ever considered in the elite class with Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning among his contemporaries. I say he’s always been in the lower end of the next tier with Ryan, Big Ben, but ahead of Eli. My gut says he’s in though. 

I will say this, he is one of the most entertaining guys I’ve ever seen play the game. Great passion, trash talking (good natured), demanded as much from himself as he did others. Dude was a real gamer. And the worst throwing motion since Byron Leftwich. 😃Great career Philip. 

Edited by Michael Scott
16 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I wouldn’t wanna be the guy there. The owner is letting his spiritual advisor run the team. **** that.

52 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They will. Idk why everyone thinks they’re trading up. Eason gets a year. He balls awesome, he falls so do the Colts and they can draft someone next year.

I doubt they fall hard if he does fail. Reich does well with scheming his QBs. He should do as statistically well as Rivers did this year, maybe even better. 

On 1/20/2021 at 6:39 PM, 1989Fan said:

If Brees goes to the Colts I will pray every day that he gets to the SB with them just to see the Saints fans cry. 😂 

LOL! So I must ask, as a football fan and not a FALCONS fan, and this question goes out to ALL FALCONS fans, who you rooting for? Bucs or Greenbay? I've gotta pull for the Bucs myself, and I hope the Bill beat the Chiefs. For as much as I can't stand a division rival, I am so SICK of those A. Rodgers commercials constantly! My hopes Bucs vs. Bill in the Superbowl. My Prediction, Greenbay vs. Bills in the superbowl. Bills seem the most balanced team in the AFC and that's why. We shall see. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just think, if the Colts had still had Luck working at his prime level before he got hurt/retired, they'd probably be playing the Bucs today.  To get back on point though, what really made Rivers great was the fact Rivers ends his time in the NFL after starting 252-straight games. He never missed a contest after earning the starting job with the Chargers in 2006, and that includes the playoffs and the AFC Championship Game where he played just six days after having surgery on a torn ACL. That's some serious "Iron Man" stuff.  Wishing him well in his retirement! 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, dmite said:

You know very little actually..

Here is what happened straight from the heart of Philly. I live here ,so unless you do as well don't presume to think you know ****. 

The original intent was EXACTLY like I stated, the intent was to keep Wentz and move on from Pederson(that was one of the 2 root issues that Wentz had). Even hired a Colt's coach to placate Wentz and install Reich's system when he was the OC in Philly.

Problem is Wentz more or less emotionally shut down, has not said a word in public since early December, and essentially the Eagles decided that enough was enough and traded a player that turned into a malcontent.

Now, the eagle fan base is even more pissed that Pederson was let go, and it is not hard to see why, is you believed in Pederson.

Again...you don't know ****, so walk on son.

8 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

You know very little actually..

Here is what happened straight from the heart of Philly. I live here ,so unless you do as well don't presume to think you know ****. 

The original intent was EXACTLY like I stated, the intent was to keep Wentz and move on from Pederson(that was one of the 2 root issues that Wentz had). Even hired a Colt's coach to placate Wentz and install Reich's system when he was the OC in Philly.

Problem is Wentz more or less emotionally shut down, has not said a word in public since early December, and essentially the Eagles decided that enough was enough and traded a player that turned into a malcontent.

Now, the eagle fan base is even more pissed that Pederson was let go, and it is not hard to see why, is you believed in Pederson.

Again...you don't know ****, so walk on son.

Poor baby.