Phillip Rivers Retiring

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was one of the really good guys in sports and a terrific QB for a lot of years. Best of luck to him, and I mean that sincerely, because that poor guy is walking into a house with 9 kids in it. 😄

...... Antonio Cromartie isn't impressed.

Seems like yesterday when Chargers had the Brees vs Rivers QB controversy.   Crazy that both will more than likely be retiring the same time.   Man, where did all this time go?

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Yeah, but I doubt they would be willing to make the trade up from pick #21 to #4. That would cost them this and next season's draft because we know it's for a QB and they have to compete against other QB needy teams for that #4 pick.

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, but I doubt they would be willing to make the trade up from pick #21 to #4. That would cost them this and next season's draft because we know it's for a QB and they have to compete against other QB needy teams for that #4 pick.

Probably not gonna make that jump but if they wanted to give us a boat load of picks I’d be cool with trading down to their spot.  Would be a gamble but we might be able to get Najee at 21.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I would hear them out, if they do want to trade. 

5 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

He was one of the really good guys in sports and a terrific QB for a lot of years. Best of luck to him, and I mean that sincerely, because that poor guy is walking into a house with 9 kids in it. 😄

Seems like yesterday when Chargers had the Brees vs Rivers QB controversy.

Crazy that both will more than likely be retiring the same time.

Man, where did all this time go?

Just now, dmite said:

They’ll trade for Wentz. 

I could see that. In fact, I expect that situation will shake out before anyone makes a play for a QB through the draft. 

Also, if SF parts ways with Jimmy G, I'd expect him to land in New England again, taking them out of the QB race for at least a year or two. 

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It would be fitting for Houston to be dumb enough to trade their own young Franchise QB to a division rival that has dominated that division for 2 decades. 

Yeah, I forgot that angle. But the rumblings are that place is a dumpster fire with the relationship getting worse between Watson and management. Who knows?

15 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Would be similar to the Julio Trade except we could probably get even more. They would be coming up slightly higher (4 rather than 6) but starting higher also (21 instead of 27)

If we could get a better package the Browns got from us you do it no question. (1st, 2nd, 4th, Next years 1st, 4th) Maybe instead of 4ths its 3rds both years.

Another possibility is us trading Ryan to them for their 1st if we go QB at 4.